Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Worst Mommy Ever


Sawyer doesn't roll over. I mean, he can, he just DOESN'T! If he does, he looks at me like, what the hell just happened and can you put me back please! I set him on the couch with his favorite Dr. Seuss book. (I think you see where this is going.) I turned around and grabbed something off the counter. Steps away! I turn towards the couch just to see Sawyer about to roll off. Again, he never rolls, let alone uphill out of his comfy couch crevice.

My heart jumped knowing that though I was only a few steps away, he was going down before I could catch him.

He falls.

He cries.

I felt horrible and of course spoiled him the rest of the day thinking that it would make him feel better. Really, it just made ME feel better.

The nurse at the hospital, when we delivered, said that everyone drops their baby one time or another. It's been six months and for the first time Sawyer felt the harsh effects of gravity.

I'm thinking that this could be a good thing. If we ever find out he is naturally dumb, I'm blaming it on this fall, 'the time mommy dropped you on your head', and not the gene pool he came from, because duh, his parents are pure genius.

I expect Child Services in 5, 4, 3, 2...

1 comment:

Bobby, Jenny, Bryce and Leah said...

we've all been there and done things to our precious lil guys! it's a wonder they survive, and some will actually end up smart at the end our torture!