Monday, December 15, 2008

I call this post, Don't Piss Off Your Friend's Wife


I used to be really nice. Like, the NICE one. I am still nice. I am, just to the people I want to be nice to. You don't piss me off though and expect me to be silent about it. I guess I learned how to defend myself and the people I love. I'm also pretty quick to say what I think... that gets me in trouble. Oh well.

So, a friend of Geoff's friend broke his leg snow boarding. Yeah, I'm sure he is not having fun at this very moment. Anyway, I guess he rented out a place in the mountains and now can't use it. So, everyone says to contact us and see if we want to take over the rent for the winter. He e-mails Geoff with the information. Let me just say, we may do a swap thing with someone that lives in the mountains, and we may have a two bedroom place to stay on the weekends already. This guy says rent is $900 for a place above someone else's garage. It's a two bedroom that we share with two other couples. Sounds like a rip off to me. We pay almost a grand a month and don't even know if we will have our own room when we go up?! No thanks. Geoff tells him I'm not interested Fine, I'll be the scape goat.

I'm not going to paste the letter on here. I respect your eyes too much. Basically he writes back in HORRIBLE grammar saying that it sucks that I don't like to ride as much as my husband, and sounds like a route to divorce and that he'll go way down in price for us.

Ummm, first of all, if you are trying to get us to help you out?! Maybe you shouldn't piss me off. Don't piss off your friends wife and expect them to help!!! Isn't that a no brianer?! Then, you basically state that because you and your wife got divorced over her not liking to 'ride' as much as you means that the same thing is in our cards. You don't know us! I LOVE to ski, but even if I didn't, I can't fathom that EVER coming between the relationship I have with Geoff. If you have ever hung out with the two of us, you know that we are the couple that makes you vomit in the back of your throat because we are sooo lovey. Third, you want us to pay almost a grand a month to stay above someone's garage and share one bathroom between six people?! You are on something! AND, when we say no to your offer, you say you will go "waaaaaaaay below that in price", so are you NOT paying $900 a month for your share?! I highly doubt you are. Fourth, until you learn how to speak and write in CORRECT ENGLISH, I have no desire to help you.

Enjoy the rental with your broken leg, sucker!

I asked Geoff what he said to this guys e-mail. His reply was simply, I said no. He is sooo much nicer than I am. No one tells me we are on track for divorce and gets away with it. Simple rule, be nice to your friend's wife if you want them to help you out. Don't you guys agree?!?!

After I was talking to a friend about this and telling her that I might write a post about it, she asks, "What if this guy ever reads it?". I realized that I write things to get them off my chest. I write things to entertain myself and hopefully get a laugh or two out of my friends. I also write things in hopes that the person I'm talking crap about DOES read it and thinks, God, I'm an idiot! Yes, yes you are.

No comments: