Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Great Reach

I put Sawyer in the bouncer today so I could get a few thing done and I see this from the corner of my eye.  What is he doing?!?!



He eyes the shiny, off-limits 'toy' and goes for the reach.


Getting closer!!! I swear I can hear his thoughts, get it before mom catches me!




Transfixed by it's shininess and sharp edges. Almosssst got it!!!!!!



Like I'll never notice the missing tree.



I think he's in love.  





I move the tree out of his reach.  After he tries a few times to reach it, he realizes that he needs some momentum to get his body out of the seat enough to get to the tree.  My kid is freakin' smart.  Maybe he isn't, but this is a new thing and being the proud mommy, I brag. So, he throws his body back until the bouncer launches him forward.  This is him mid bounce...



After a few bounces, he is where he needs to be, but the tree is not.




Annoyed he can't reach it but he sure as hell tried.  All this work for a fake tree that mommy ultimately takes away. I'm so mean, he is so cute, I love him and we all love Christmas!




3 comments:

SotoSotoSoto said...

You can write the same story with me replacing the kid and the tree replaced with a bottle of beer.
p.s. photos look good

Anonymous said...

Swayer..keep reaching...reach for teh stars buddy. Shiny objects are mommy's favorite. It's so much fun to grab. Before Mommy knows it you'll be hiding things from her and she will be searching for them. But, you better be a good boy.

fallgirly said...

So. Effing. Cute.