Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Suck on This!

Oh, the pacifier. How much do we love thee? I'm not sure. I am so proud to say, Sawyer is weaning HIMSELF from this sucking device. Sawyer loves the paci, or he did. I was dreading taking this thing away from him. For him, it was comfort, for me, it was the only way I could take him off the boob without him crying! We brought one everywhere. Had backups when on vacation. I knew I had to limit the pacifier soon or he would be 30 something saying his vows slurred, drool running down his chin and a pacifier parked in the side of his mouth. That can't happen. I can't take credit for that sort of behavior. I am happy to say though, Sawyer is not so into the pacifier anymore and I feel sooo relieved! He uses it only in the crib for naps and bedtime and usually, he throws it out the back of the crib where I can't find it so he ends up with nothing. I dreaded the first night with nothing in his mouth and you know what? That kid looked up at me, smiled and fell asleep.

How did I score such a rad kid? I love you Sawyer. Thanks for making my job so easy.

No comments: