Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Twitter huh?!

Okay, I'm a little cranky. What the hell is this Twitter stuff?! It's like every time I finally get myself familiarized with something you ALL say is just sooo great, and oh Holly, you HAVE to do this, it's just soooo great, you change it up on me! WTF?! First it was this thing called e-mail. Okay I get it, e-mail is all important and stuff. Then it's cell phones. I think I was the last person in the state of California to own one. I just didn't understand why I wanted to ALWAYS be available for my work to call me... TO WORK! Then it was myspace. It took me a long time and a friend had to set mine up. Other people called me on their CELL PHONES to tell me to check my myspace. FINE. THEN! I get all into myspace and do stuff on it like post pictures and even click on those emotion face things and you guys are like, oh myspace sucks, go to facebook. What is facebook??? I didn't go on facebook until another friend set one up for me (Knowing that I would never do it myself.) and I start getting these e-mails saying, so and so wants to be your friend, and blah, blah, BLAH! Treating facebook like ice cold water I will eventually have to be swimming in, I step in slowly, toe first. People are poking me (not cool, don't poke me, that's just not cool), people are like, oh, click here I bought you a drink. I click and it's a virtual drink. Drink up, it's virtual. DON'T GIVE ME A VIRTUAL DRINK, IF YOU ARE BUYING ME A DRINK IT BETTER BE REAL, AND STRONG. REAL STONG! But, I'm getting into it. It has taken me a LONG time, but I'm getting it. You know I start to get something if what? That's right, if I post pictures and sometimes do my little mood thing. Facebook, I feel like ;-5. What is that anyway?! Now I'm hearing everyone is about Twitter. TWITTER? Internet, can you please stop making all this stuff that people get all involved in and then make me do it. Because I am a sucker for peer pressure I do it but WAY later than you all and by the time I understand this virtual friendship circle crap you switch it on me. Stop switching it on me! So, I'm trying to be a little non cave girl with technology and googled Twitter. This is the explanation I get...

Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?

Is it just me or does this sound absolutely riduculous?! What are you doing? This whole network for a 'what are you doing?'?!?! Most of the time, I don't even know what I'm doing let alone sitting here pondering what the world's population is doing. I don't know about twitter, but if I want to know what your doing, most likely I'll call you. Maybe even send you a letter, as in from the mailbox outside your house. Remember that thing? I miss that thing.

So, seriously, um, I'm dying to know, what are you doing?!?!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

NO! no, No, NO!! Don't you dare start another online thing-a-ma-jig, because I can't keep up!! Are you kidding me? This twitter thing sounds like crap (to be blunt), because if you're on it, I already know what you're doing: killing time from the real world to play on the computer. Simple. Maybe there should just be a checkbox, like are you online right now- yes or no- and the world will know what you're doing. Please Holly, for the love of, well, everything, don't start doing that!! (because you know if you do, I'll eventually be dragged in too, and I don't have time for this nonsense, or at least I shouldn't) :)

Juliana said...

Oh babe. First of all, I found out about Twitter from Rick on CNN. I watch too much news, I have refused to even google it to see what it was about. BLAH. I also have facebook, send me a friend request, so that I have you as a friend...how LAME is that? BTW...I don't "do" app's. John has mob wars on my page so that he can play from both our pages. My gosh, that sounds even more lame...hmmmmm....before you know it our sons will be on Myspace version 12, with super cell phones where you can taste what the other person is eating. Time travel. It will all be NUTS.

fallgirly said...

I am so with you!! I have facebook and myspace where I update moods or whatever, what the heck is Twitter? I do have it but rarely update it, I just don't really get it. And as for the facebook apps, what the heck are those?!! I so don't understand them one bit. You are not alone my friend.

Unknown said...

I'm with you guys! Don't worry, no twitter for me, and APPS??! Don't think so!