Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dear Sawyer, 6 months!


I got into the elevator and someone said how cute you are (like always) and that their daughter just had a baby. I asked how old and they said that the grand baby is now a year. I remember when I was a few weeks post-partum and people would congratulate me and tell me they just had a baby, only to find out that their baby was 4 + months. I always thought, just? That was MONTHS ago! Here you are SIX MONTHS OLD. Six! Six, and I feel like I JUST had you. That you just left my body in a somewhat awkward way. That I was just at the hospital. That I JUST brought you home. You are growing soooo fast. It makes me happy, but also a little sad. I mean, can you stay a baby for even a little bit?! I remember being pregnant with you and SIX months of pregnancy seemed like ETERNITY! Maybe that is what happens when you take away a girls cocktail, time slows to an incredible pace. Now I have you, daddy and a cocktail, that is AWESOME!

You had your doctors appointment yesterday and did so well. You smiled at the doctor, and took your shots like a man. I'm so proud of you every day, even when you are being pricked with poisonous needles. You did fall off your growth curve by less than a pound. The doctor said if the trend continues she wants me to add a formula bottle once a day to your food intake. Do you know how anti-dairy I am? I feel sooo thankful that I can breast feed you but this is no easy task. I don't make a lot of milk. I have to work hard on my milk supply and I'm not going down without a fight. I'm going to pump more, drink more boobie tea. I'm going to do whatever it takes, and if it doesn't work I will be sad. If you grow out of my supply, it will suck but I won't be surprised, your a growing man and my boobs are lazy. Damn lazy boobies.

Sawyer, this season is one of my favorites. Yes, I know it's cold, but it's holiday time. Thanksgiving we spent with Becky, Dave and Ethan. They may not be blood relatives, or even law relatives, but it's amazing that they feel pretty close to family and we only met them a few months ago. I feel very lucky to have met such a fun loving, adventurous, caring and cool family and hope our families remain close. They probably didn't know that meeting me meant I write about them online. Suckers! Christmas we will be flying to California to meet my side of the family and have Christmas with Aunt Jackie and Uncle Laurent. I'm VERY excited for that. I'm excited to see your reaction to Christmas lights, Christmas trees and all the balled up paper on the floor that you get to play with. You LOVE balled up paper! I also feel extremely lucky to have Jackie as a sister in law. She is AWESOME and you are going to love that she is your aunt. I guess what I'm getting to is that we are surrounded by a lot of great people, whether they are family or friends and these people know how to have a good time!

Also, this month you got to go to my favorite island, Turks and Caicos! There are some adults that are seriously envious of you. I don't think you are a beach bum like mommy. Every time we put your feet, hands, legs, or ANY parts of your body in water, you pulled away like it was some sort of skin eating acid. This is Caribbean water here kid! I talk about you being spoiled, but man you REALLY were spoiled there! Mommy lived on this island for a while and has lots of friends there. Let me just say that I have the most awesome friends in the universe. No one has as awesome of friends as me. My really awesome friends held you and loved you and flirted with you and bounced you and danced with you and bought you presents. I was laughing when I picked you up from day care and they said there was a bag of stuff to bring along with me. Nikki watched you during the lunch hour while Daddy and I were diving and Nikki bought you presents! See, your charm wins everyone over!



Sawyer, I am really excited to have more kids in the future. I am excited for you to have brothers and sisters. The thing is though, I don't think I will love them as much as I love you. I LOVE YOU! AND, if that is the case, so be it. I will tell him or her, "Kid #2, I don't love you as much as I love Sawyer, so you better do something to really win over my love.". You won't even have to do this while mommy is out of the room, I will tell them myself. My love is not un-conditional, you have to earn that kids!

All I have to say is you are the best. You have this adorable smile that changes every few weeks. You used to bite on your lips and now you stick out your tongue. I love it! You are a sweet guy. You go to bed beautifully. You are interested in everything. You love your head rubbed and like to rub other babies head as to show them how good it feels. You like to bring things up to your mouth and constantly try to drink from mommy and daddy's glass. You are getting better at tummy time. You are sitting up on your own for a few minutes until you get distracted and topple over. You are starting to reach for us to pick you up. You are the most amazing little thing to ever come into my life. I say little, because Daddy is the other really amazing thing to come into my life and you are smaller than him. So, yeah. I love you... until you do something that really disappoints me like not getting straight A's in school or not solving world hunger, not earning millions of dollars and buying your parents a yaught. Hear that?! We don't want a dingy!



I love you my 6 month old BIG BOY!

2 comments:

kate telles said...

Dear Sawyer...U have a pretty cool mom!

fallgirly said...

I can't believe it's already the 6 month blog! I remember reading the 5 month like yesterday. WOW. He so cute. You're going to have to fill me in on this boob juice...