Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The BIG Ultrasound

I went to the doctors yesterday for just a checkup. The doctor walked in and Sawyer started SCREAMING! He thought he was getting shots and when he saw me on the table instead of him, he went into full on protective mode! Every time the doctor tried to touch me, Sawyer would scream and smack her hand away. Immediately, I thought, I can do another boy, this protective stuff is pretty cute.

That was it. I was now happy with a boy.

I was going to wait until we had the pictures scanned but we are a little slow in that department.

Ultrasound: Legs were crossed tightly and only opened twice. The tech had to be quick, in and out. We were surprised to see a vagina in there! Yup, we are having a GIRL! YEAH! I'm pretty convinced there was a boy in there until yesterday when I mentally was fine with a boy. What? You don't think that is possible? You nay sayer!

So, there it is. Pictures might come later if I gain enough energy after cleaning our house for another showing today.

Her room is going to look like the color pink threw up. Exciting!

22 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Congratulations!! Now Sawyer will have a little sister to protect!

Diva's Thoughts said...

How cool!!! Girls are great!!

Matt said...

CONGRATS on your baby girl!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Yay for pink!!

Juliana said...

I am sooooo insanely happy for you. You have so many incredible things going on in your life right now and you deserve them all. Swayer will have a sister, you will have a little girl to dress in cute outfits and do her hair, Geoff will have his little princess and you'll all move into your beautiful mountain castle happily ever after YAY!!!!!!

Driscoll Duo said...

Awesome! Congrats!

G. B. Miller said...

Speaking as a parent of one of each, I can truthfully say that, girl, youse is in some trouble big time.

:D

The Peach Tart said...

Congratulation on a girl. I love my baby girl even though she's not a baby anymore.

MEGandJEFF said...

WooHoooooooo!!!! That is so awesome :) You are, quite possibly, the only person I know having a girl right now..YAY!

btw, super cute & funny that Sawyer was protecting you like that..he'll be such a great big brother!

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

Congrats!! So exciting!

L said...

Awww that's so cute! Congratulations!

jessikahsd said...

Congrats! A boy and a girl - how perfect!

Anonymous said...

Oh what an exciting time..I love those pics from ultrasound..you must be so happy..now you have one of each..Pink is perfection..you should have seen one of our xmas's when the girls were 6 and 3...everything was pink and barbie ...just like you said .."pink threw up"..yooll have so much fun..!!

Annie said...

YAY!!
how exciting!! :)
congrats on the girl!!

Bobby, Jenny, Bryce and Leah said...

Congrats! life doesn't get much sweeter....

Mrs. Muffins said...

Yay :) I love girly stuff! I've never shopped for a boy but in my opinion, shopping for girls is much more fun.

Unknown said...

HURRRRRAY! One of each--I highly recommend it. :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks you guys! I feel sooo so SOOOO loved! We are excited!

Jewels: "Mountain Castle" LOL

G: A female teenager frightens me!

Peach Tart: They will ALWAYS be our babies!

Mrs. Muffin: WAY excited to shop for a girl. Weird that I haven't yet, I've been all focused on this thing people call sewing!

tera said...

Aw...congrats! Makes me want to go buy you little girly girl pink frilly dresses! (Having no girls of my own...)
Yea!

Anonymous said...

awww yay!! congrats!! girls are the best!! obviously!

Tracie said...

Congrats!!! Think of all the cute little pink things you can sew for her!

SweetPeaSurry said...

How did I miss commenting on this. Sawyer ... what a little warrior!!! Congrats on getting a little sis for S!

I'll try to post a comment earlier next time, I mean really? 20 days? It took me 20 days to comment on this. Bah ... I'm a sucky blopper!