Thursday, February 26, 2009

But I don't even WEAR lipliner!!!

If there is one thing people feel comfortable pointing out, it's the fact that my lipliner is crooked. Considering I suck at putting makeup on, this observation could be very true, except that I don't think I've worn lipliner since my high school cheerleading days. Yes, I was a cheerleader, shut up.

I'm telling you, one night in Cancun and for the rest of your life, you have strangers pointing out what is wrong with your lips.

Yeah, okay, I had a lot to drink. Who doesn't when they are on vacation? AND, who doesn't when you are in Mexico?

So, apparently I refused to take a cab back because I didn't need one. " I can WALK!" I don't remember this.

Apparently my friends stayed with me. (Remember how much I love my friends?!)

Apparently, I was not sober enough to walk, took off my heels and continued barefoot on the Mexican pavement.

I tripped.

I thought my shoes were more important than my face.

I broke my fall with my face, arms in the air, holding the shoes high.

The shoes survived, not even a scuff, not a scratch, nothing.

Why did I care about my shoes?

I woke up the next morning and wondered why my face hurt so bad. Wondered why it felt like my lips were sticking out further than my nose.





My lipliner isn't crooked, my scar is. I decided to ground my face into the Mexican pavement and not use my hands to break the fall. Thanks for reminding me.

5 comments:

Juliana said...

Oh crap Holly. This is on the best postings ever. BAHAHAHAHAHA! What a great story!

Matt said...

I would have sued the country of Mexico if I was you.

thats bullshit.

Juliana said...

Mmm...dammit John thinks "after SIX beers you shouldn't be commenting on anyone's post!!"

Your friend Jewels..."were you a brunette then?"

Ok...I am going. WE need to DRINK together...my husband is a brat. You are blonde now...and we rock! LOVE>..DRunk Jewels

Unknown said...

Jewels, I'm happy you are taking some time for yourself and enjoying a beverage or six! I wasn't brunnette but after a long night my tangeld mangy hair looks brown there. Too bad you couldn't see my face better, it was roadrash that day, then all scabbed up the next. A was a fine piece of work! haha.

You and John need to come out here, I'll make dinner, we can have some wine, you tell me when and I'll get to it!

Victoria said...

yeah, and you also don't remember stopping by the Starbucks and scaring the crap out of the employees while trying to convince them to let you use their bathroom. This is why it still baffles me that you wanted to walk. Betty was out in full force that night.