Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dear Greenpeace,

While I commend you on working for a cause that you may be passionate about, probably not making much money, and having to stand out in the cold all day, you are really annoying.

I live one block from 16th street mall and Larimer Square. I understand that these blocks are huge tourist attractions and tourists are your biggest suckers, but I live here. This is wear I purchase toilet paper for my family. Point is, I'm walking the streets (Oh, shush you!) almost daily. I am bombarded by at least FIVE of you a day, yes, at least FIVE and I can't handle it anymore. This is why New York City is not MY city. I don't like people constantly trying to sell me things and hand me stuff, sign petitions, etc. I don't want your stuff.

You yell at me as I pass by and try to use my child against me. How do you know I haven't done what you wanted me to do a hundred times already? I get that he is our future, but right now, I'm his and standing here in the cold for 30 minutes while you school me on what I should and should not be doing is not in my child's best interest. I KNOW you have seen me numerous times and you still yell things my way. The more annoying you are, the more I want to throw my recyclables into the trash.

I think the best solution is to print this (on un-recycled paper) and hand one to each and every one of you that yell at me.

Stop yelling at me and let me purchase toilet paper in (green)peace.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please don't throw your bottle in trash - do as I do - ignore them, don't even look at them, think that's rude? I think its rude to interrupt my peaceful walk down the street.