Sunday, February 1, 2009

RIP Babystyle?

I think I might be a sad mommy grieving a loss.   Babystyle, one of my favorite baby, kid, and maternity stores, I think, is out of business.

It started off with some pretty nifty sales.  Not everything was on sale, and there was no signs warning of any type of liquidation, closing, and so forth.
  
It continued with a non-working web site.  Let me say this, I am addicted to researching... anything and everything.  I will read 400 reviews of every product before I pick out the most perfect car seat (high chair, feeding spoon, swing, etc) for my little guy.  I also love to see what is new.  What is new at Pumpkin Patch?  What is new at Babies R' Us?  What is new at Babystyle?  It didn't help that some of Sawyer's friends have a first birthday party coming up, babystyle.com was where I TRIED to go for the perfect present.  Fine, no website, I'll make the drive to the dreaded mall.

I parked in my usual spot and head downstairs.  Downstairs corner, nothing.  Am I sleepy?  Is it upstairs?  I KNOW it's downstairs, I'll go upstairs anyway.  No Babystyle.  No signs, no empty store, just not there, like nothing was ever there.  I feel like I have false memories like those movies you see.  I know there was a babystyle, it was downstairs, right where I am standing.  I look for a directory walking though half the mall and decide to ask another baby store regarding the whereabouts of Babystyle.  Two other families where there asking the same question.  Out of business, just disappeared, was the answer we received.

Huh?

Babystyle, what happened?  Where are you?  Can you come back?  Can you come out to play?  My questions are unanswered, I only found this online.

Today, I'm a sad mommy.

To Sawyers friends, I'm sorry if  your gift sucks.

On a happier note, I just learned how to make a word a link (See 'this' a few lines above.).  Did you notice how tech savy I'm becoming?

2 comments:

fallgirly said...

I was so going to post something about this!!!! I was just there 2 weeks ago today. 2 WEEKS AGO. I am planning on going BACK to the store today before my doctor's appointment just to make "for sure-for sure" that it's out of business. I will keep you posted!

Juliana said...

I know...it's so sad...we are all closing. Freaking sucks. I have a couple friends that owned baby stores as well--now that cannot afford to buy diapers. But, OBAMA is here and things will turn around!!! Two very expensive but great stores are...

Janey and Jack

and

Snuggle Bug