Sunday, February 22, 2009

He'll NEVER be a Model

I got out the video camera yesterday to video tape Sawyer jumping and laughing like crazy in his doorway jumper. We have this great video camera and hardly use it. Note to self: must record more often. I pull the video camera out and Sawyer stops jumping and just sits there, squinting his eyes over and over again. Was something in his eye? Was the light in the living room too bright? Is this just the beginning of something more serious? I stop the camera and walk over to him. The squinting stops. I turn the camera back on the record a little more and the squinting begins. I look into the camera and there is no light. There is no light and now there is a really un-flattering close up of my inquisitive face. I point the camera back at Sawyer, more awkward, long, continuous squinting. Weird.

Later last night, we head out to dinner. I mentioned it before, it's restaurant week in Denver. Great food, great restaurants at a GREAT price. We decide on Ruth's Chris and head out the door. Sawyer looked so damn cute in a collared shirt, sweater vest and little hat. I must say, we get so many comments on how cute he is. The other day, someone said, "Must be nice to produce a genetic masterpiece. Seriously, put that kid in commercials and get his college paid for." I think he's cute, of course, but still think that no parent thinks their kid is ugly, and realize I'm biased. Last night though, Sawyer looked insanely good looking. I pull out my camera to take some pictures of him to show you all my 'genetic masterpiece'. Once I aim the camera at him, that squinting started up again. I took some pictures, all of them he had his eyes closed in, and laughed the entire time. He knows what a camera is, and anticipates a flash. My kid hates the flash! I'm sorry if all the pictures I post from here on out, Sawyer has his eyes closed. Another realization, it doesn't matter how cute he is, he'll never be a model and once again mommy and daddy have to pull some plan out of our butts on how we are going to pay for his college. Damn camera flash, you ruin EVERYTHING!





No comments: