Monday, March 2, 2009

Dear Sawyer: 9 Months.




Today I threw you up into the air for the first time. I threw you up and caught you, threw you up and caught you. Repeat that about fifteen times. You loved it. You laughed, you looked at me like I was the BEST! I wanted some of that fun too. I asked daddy if he could imagine how much fun that would be and wished that someone could throw me up in the air. So, daddy granted my wish. He picked me up, threw me in the air, caught me and repeated that about three times. It was hilarious, it was fun, it was kind of scary and totally unexpected. You freaked out. You cried, yelled even, you looked at daddy like he was hurting me and you were pissed. Daddy picked you up and interpreted your actions the same as I did, telling you it was okay and he was just playing, not hurting me. You are nine months old and you are already being protective of your momma. You are old enough to want to protect me-your protector! WOW!

Guess what Sawyer? We found out recently that you get to be a big cousin. That's right, is less than NINE months, Aunt Jackie is going to have a kiddo and you won't be the baby of the family anymore. It's a good thing you aren't holding onto your baby status too tight. It's a good thing you are already protective. At only nine months old, you find yourself too cool to be a baby and going to make a great, protective big cuz!

This month was such a COOL month! You are so mature, act so sophisticated. You want to hang with the adults and think you've got this grown up thing down. You've seen us for nine months (Did I mentions you are NINE months old?!?!) and that is plenty of time to just do things on your own. You feed yourself, you grab at our food, and take bites, eat complete things, like crackers, crunchy, hard crackers! You bite off a piece, gum it, and swallow, like a person! A real adult like person!!! Who knew this would ever happen?!?! You grab our cups and drink water like you've been waiting for me to hand you a glass full of water all day. You wipe your own face and hands after eating, you type on my computer and would rather "type" than play with any of your toys. You would rather just hang out with me doing the most boring thing, than be placed in front of those, oh so lame and immature toys. Man, you are a grown up!

Currently, you are working on that first tooth. I knew it was coming, I felt a little something, daddy thought it was just a piece of your gums. A few days later I even saw a white line, and a day after it cut through. It looks like it might come in crooked. Who has ever seen crooked baby teeth?! I think you are going to have to have braces in your near future! Who cares though, you have a tooth! It's still pretty short, but man is it sharp! When I think back, you were pretty pissy right before the tooth actually came in, poor thing, but it's here, YAY, lets have a drink... of water... in a real glass... like an adult. CHEERS to your first TOOTH!



This month we spent two weekends at Dave and Becky's house. You and Ethan are really starting to play, realizing that the other baby is there, handing toys to one another. It's totally adorable! Ethan has the best toys, EVER and this weekend, you and Ethan were sitting on each side of this big block thing with gears, moving blocks and doors that open and shut, and so on and after standing and sitting a few times with my assistance, you grabbed the top of the block and pulled yourself into standing position on your own. Let me repeat that, you pulled yourself from a sitting position to a standing position ALL BY YOURSELF! It was amazing, and Becky even caught it on video. Behind you is my mouth, wide open in shock. Good work boy!

Lets talk bodily functions. Your poops smell horrible! They are bad! Gag inducing smell. You eat human food and now you crap human crap. I'm sure it's almost no different than if daddy decided to crap himself and I had to clean it. It's gross, really gross and this is why you are going to wipe our butts when we get old. I'm going to kick and laugh and try to roll away from you and then I'm going to print this letter and point to this paragraph and laugh some more. What goes around comes around stinky boy! You also fart loud, stinky boy farts. This also makes you laugh. You look at me, look down, fat loudly, look back up and me and laugh like you just performed some trick and we should all stare in amazement. And we do.

Besides smelly poops and farts, there is nothing short of remarkable about you. You are sooo cool to watch. It's amazing how much you learn, how quickly you pick things up from watching us. You are a total blast, you are becoming a real person. You are starting to understand that we can entertain each other, and you try so hard to make me laugh, to make me happy, to make me proud, and you do, EVERYDAY, EVERY SECOND you make me sooo happy, make me laugh really hard, make me soo proud and I find myself wondering how I got to be so lucky to be your mommy.

Happy nine months Jagged Tooth, thanks for making me the luckiest mommy in the whole wide universe!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sawyer is beautiful...very sweet.

Matt said...

Cute.

fallgirly said...

9 months already!! Wow. He seriously is such a cute little boy, he has your big pretty eyes!

Becky HIll said...

You are such a cool Mom, you made me tear up!