Friday, February 20, 2009

Just a Day, Just an Ordinary Day

Today: I taught Kickboxing, made some reservations, got some paperwork completed and filed, made two batches of food for Sawyer, made myself breakfast, cleaned the whole house, did two loads of laundry, all before 9am. I'm waiting for some people to return my call regarding vacations and now that I'm sitting, I'm exhausted. I feel spent. You know when you are so busy, you just go and go and go, and if you stop, everything hits you at once, and you want nothing else but a nap. I would like a nap. Maybe tomorrow.

Yesterday we got our taxes done. This was a much more stress-free experience than last year. Last year, we waited until the last day and couldn't find the correct paper work. Not fun. Yesterday, we were sitting in this girl's office, when the tax pro next to her had a question. The two peered in explaining this guys past year. I guess the question was about a joint file or not. They were simply asking this guy if he was with this girl for any of 2008. This is all he said, "Naw, man, I just got out of prison! I just got out of prison! I don't know, I just got out of PRISON!" Was he proud of this? Umm, prison is for people who do bad things. Like, pretty bad things, right? I tried as hard as I could to bring Sawyer closer to me without it looking like I was freaked out. Clearly, I was a little freaked out. This office is a few blocks from where we live. I do not feel comfortable walking around with Sawyer if there is a large population that JUST GOT OUT OF PRISON just right out my door! Am I wrong for feeling that way? And let me say this, we do not live in the ghetto, by any means.

Geoff and I have a difference of opinion on where we should purchase our next house. He wants to be in the mountains, in the trees, surrounded by acres. I wanted to be closer to the city. Realizing that there are more people than I know, roaming around who just got out of prison makes Geoff's idea of a future home a little more comforting. I'm more ready than I have ever been to give up city life.

Evergreen, I'm liking you more and more every day.

On a non-prison note: Happy Friday everyone!!!! Aren't weekends the best?! If you are in the Denver area, it's RESTAURANT WEEK!!! Multi-course dinner for two for only $52!!!! Check out this for a list of participating restaurants. I already have a few places in mind...


So, who's stuffing their face this weekend? I am, I am! (Then I'm taking a nap.)

2 comments:

Juliana said...

Babe...Evergreen is BEAUTIFUL and wonderful not to mention they have amazing homes! In a couple years when we "start our lives over" we hope to move there. We can be neighbors:)

Unknown said...

I know. I really like it, it's just that we are further away from a lot of people and a lot of things. Turns out, some of the people we wanted to stay close with are anything but friends. (Good riddance!) I'm more and more ready for a move there. We have real estate agents looking for us and I've searched just about every property in our budget. We just weren't ready to give up our place in the city but I think I am now.

Geoff was asking about you guys the other night. He said, invite them over here!!!! You guys have to make a trip down here while we are still here!