Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dinner for an 8 Month Old

I make all of Sawyer's baby food. It's pretty yummy if I must say so myself. Almost everything so far has been amazing. One bite for Sawyer, one bite for mommy! I have the Beaba Babycook to make Sawyer's food in, which I LOVE and highly recommend. Anyway, everything has been great until I introduced meat. Monday night he had pureed Chicken breast for the first time. He liked it, I wanted to gag. Tonight, I made this instead...

Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Sweet Potato Chicken. (Shut up about the name, I don't know what else to call it!)

So, here it is:


Chicken breast, cooked
Sweet potato, cooked
1/4 cup onion
1-2 cloves garlic
1 tomato- de-skinned, de-seeded
1/4 cup chicken broth

To de-skin and de-seed tomato, drop tomato in boiling water for 30 seconds, then dunk in cold water. Make an X shaped cut at base of tomato. Peel skin off, cut in half then scoop out seeds.

Chop onion and garlic. Saute onion, garlic and tomato with some olive oil. Add broth. Puree, onion mixture, chicken breast and sweet potato. Cool and store.

Tonight, I didn't gag.

2 comments:

SweetPeaSurry said...

He he he ... you're a supermom!!!

Juliana said...

WOW...I need one of those! We should swap dinner ideas. I LOVE making Johnny's food.