Monday, March 30, 2009

Divine Design

This one is for Mr. 5280 after reading a great post regarding a prank he pulled before. It reminded me of one fine day...

For those of you just joining me, I used to work at Club Med; an all adult resort in Turks and Caicos. It's safe to say, I worked with a wide range of characters. One was this guy named Jay. Jay never went home alone. He always had some girl guest he liked and took back to his room. He was KNOWN for all the girls he hooked up with! Jay was a fun guy though, and I'm not sure what started it, but I feel like he ALWAYS gave me a hard time. One week his new thing was to hide behind a wooden pole waiting for me to get out of my kickboxing class. I has ten minutes to finish class, walk across the village to our yoga platform and teach Sunset Yoga. Everyday, I walked out of kickboxing, had paper cone cup of water at the water station in front of the wood pole and walked to yoga. Jay would hide, wait for me to fill my paper cone cup, reach behind the pole, squeeze the cone cup so the water went all over me. Yeah, he thought that was funny. Here is where my memory gets a little fuzzy, I'm guessing I did something small to get him back that night because the next day he retaliated. We drank a lot there, fuzzy memories are pretty common. Anyway, the next day was all white day. All the workers had to abide by a dress code so the guests could easily spot us. I was wearing white shorts, white sports bra, white tank top and white workout top over that. As normal, I taught kickboxing, walked over to drink my cone cup of water and headed to yoga. All of a sudden Jay pops up out of nowhere, picks me up and throws me into the pool... while I'm wearing all white... and have just a few minutes to get to yoga. I taught yoga in soaking wet white outfit that day. The layers helped keep my dignity but wet yoga isn't fun. After yoga my students and I brainstormed on how to get him back.

I decided I was going to wait a few days but do to it before the group that was on vacation left so they could see the outcome. My roommate's name there is Holly and she had some washable wall paints. An idea was born.

That day, I talked to my boss and Jay's boss. I got paintbrushes from our set designer and found someone to teach my class on the day I decided was going to be 'go day'. Two days pass and I act like everything is normal. Jay is wondering why I'm being so nice. I say I'm going to get him back but all I hear is, "You're too nice, anything you do, I can top, and soon you won't top that because you are too nice to." Okay Jay. That morning I confirm my plans with everyone. Jay taught scuba there so his boss scheduled him for the afternoon dive. It was pretty windy and we were nervous that the boat wouldn't go out and our plans were out the window. His boss talked to Jay and said if the boat doesn't go out, he has to fill tanks. He has never filled tanks before, so it should bide us some time.

Holly and I wait near the dive shop just talking to people. Jay walked by, waved happily, found out the dive boat got canceled and started working on the tanks. We head to our room, grab the supplies, got the key to his room, and got to work. We created works of art on his walls; flowers, hearts, I painted an especially pretty pink butterfly, we painted the girliest things we could in his room. We didn't stop until it looked like a 3rd grade girls paradise, cleaned off our brushes, and left.

Later that night, he wouldn't talk to me, he just looked at me and shook his head. I would crack up laughing.

I was content. The nice girl got him back. It wasn't mean, but I was excited to see a GIRLS reaction after trying to bring her back to his new and improved flower room. After seeing our paint job, no one came home with him that night, and he never got me back!

I found out he spent all night scrubbing the walls and that the red paint was not so washable. I'm pretty sure that room still has an outline of hearts and flowers. The one who tried to be the manly man of the village got the girly girl room.

Sucker.

Do you have one to share???

2 comments:

fallgirly said...

Great prank and sounds SOOO FUN!

Matt said...

HAHA, thats awesome!!!

sorry Im late to this party... but this was a great post!