Wednesday, April 1, 2009

You Don't Want to be my Ex

I always said when we move out of our place downtown I would cry. I love it here. I love how close we are to everything, you can walk to any sporting event, the cute boutique shops, some of the best restaurants, parks, and so much more. This is the place I saw my husband for the first time, the place he asked me to be his girlfriend, the place we first whispered to each other 'I love you'. This is the living room we sat in while telling our families we were expecting, the kitchen I smoked out trying to impress this man with my cooking, the couch Sawyer was on when he first smiled. This is the floor he first rolled over from back to stomach on and the floor he hit when he first rolled off the couch when BAD mommy went to grab something off the table This is the place we invited our friends over to play Rock Band and Wii Fit, the is the bathroom I hung out in all night with my first case of food poisoning. This is the place we cuddled for the first time together and the place we cried at for the first time together. This is OUR place and the truth is I am excited to sell it.

HUH?

I never thought I would utter those words. We want to sell it and sell it fast. We are ready for more, we are ready for a house, we are ready for more room, we are ready to leave the place we have considered home.

Remember that courage we needed? Thanks to you guys, we are jumping in. We are doing everything we can to make this work, though we are not so sure it will. We are doing everything we can but sometimes you need some extra help, like miracles. We have to sell our place super fast and find Geoff a job in record time. We don't want to make a dumb decision but we don't want to leave this opportunity without sprinting as hard and as long as we can towards it. There are a few days we ran out of breath. My legs are getting a little bit tired, but we are sprinting towards this house. If we don't make it to the finish line on time, at least we know we tried At least we know we worked as hard as we could, as fast as we could, and if someone grabs that house before us, so be it.

I don't want someone to be in that house though. That is our house. We found the house we were meant to live in. That is OUR backyard. That is OUR kitchen. I feel like if someone else purchases that house besides us, I'll always think about it. The one that got away. I might daydream every so often about the times we could of had together. I might drive by it once and see the new happy couple: family and house. We had our eyes on it first. We had future plans together. Don't swoop in on us, we are trying as hard as we can.

Monday we met with our realitor regarding selling our place and trying to get into that house. She said the worst thing to do is to mentally move out of your current house. "Be content where you are and when the time is exactly right, all will fall into place." Did I mentally move out? Did I mentally move into the other? Hell, I've been a frequent visitor to all the remodeling websites picking out our new backsplash. Granite colors? Check. Bathroom vanity picked out? Check. Furniture placement? Check. House warming party planned? Check. I didn't mentally move out. No, I did more, I mentally moved out, moved into a house we don't have, mentally decorated it, mentally invited my friends over. I'm mental.

My head is wrapped around this house and I can't pull it free. I don't want to pull it free.

Geoff and I decided that we need to think about NOT purchasing this house. Sometimes timing doesn't work out. I realized this is why I've been in the dumps. This is why for the last two days, little things bother me like never before. I feel like we are sprinting knowing that we won't get to the finish line first and it's all I can think about. I obsess over it. Sometimes I work best with opposition and that is what I need to do here, because if we don't get this house, I might be that crazy, psycho, stalker ex that people whisper about but never confront.

And you don't want to see me crazy, do you?

9 comments:

kuhkjhkh said...

aww I REAAAAALLLLYYYY hope you get it! I'm the same way though. When I see something I want... I better get it because more so than not I've done the same things you have and pictured every aspect of my life around it.

I really hope every works out perfectly!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks!!! Pretending you already have something is pretty dangerous huh?! I really hope we get it too. If we don't I feel like I'm going to act like I did when i didn't get the talking alarm clock prize at Chuck E Cheese a long while back (Okay, 4 days ago.). Kicking and screaming on the floor. I'm just over all the stress of it, not knowing what is going to happen and such. If it doesn't work out, who wants to drink heavily with me? Anyone? Anyone?

Unknown said...

Sending you major, major good luck vibes!

I can completely relate to feeling torn about leaving your first house. The house we just moved from we built new construction, picked everything out, I painted crazy murals all over the playroom, and we got married in the backyard. I had all our babies there, too. But things change. Now, we're in the house meant for us right now, and there's really only a handful of things I miss about the old one.

G. B. Miller said...

Same here, I hope that even with the economy the way it is, everything comes out smelling like mountain full of pine trees for you.

SweetPeaSurry said...

Aww I hope you get the house, but what if you don't? And you turn the corner and find a BETTER house, one that mentally decorated itself for you? And already has the balloons up for the pahtay? And one who's already got ya furniture in it ... you know ... TWILIGHT ZONE HOUSE!!! LOL ... ya just gotta take the world in stride baby!

Bright blessings!

Matt said...

So you're moving to the burbs huh?

hope it all works out.

bernthis said...

the only annoying thing I can tell you is if it is meant to be, it is meant to be. we don't know what could be out there for us that is even better then the thing we thought we wanted.

I know, I'm irritating but it's true.

Unknown said...

Matt- Well, I wouldn't necessarily consider this the burbs. :) BUT, doesn't matter, I don't think we are going to get it, and if that is the case, it's good we are downtown and near lots of liquor stores!

Laura and G- Thanks! I think we need a miracle at this point. OR all of you need to go to that house and poop in the living room so no one else wants it!

Sweet Pea- You're too funny. If we get into a better house than this one, you are damn right, the balloons will be up for a HUGE pahtay and you are all invited!

Bernthis- Your just trying to make me feel better. That is what people say to others who aren't about to get their way. ;) It's a good thing when I'm bummed I can go to your youtube video and laugh again! So, thanks for being really funny!

Love you all!!!!!