Saturday, November 29, 2008

Turks and Caicos in a Very Tiny Nutshell



Man, I've been trying to write this blog for days. Days. At least it hasn't been months right? I've just been tired. Maybe knowing I'm NOT lounging on a beach drinking rum punch all day will do that to a girl. Oh, and guess what?! It's snowing here. There is actual snow on the ground. Can you transport me back to the island please?

Here goes. Our vacation was pretty great. I would put it in the awesome category, but it was a little too windy that week. When I say windy, I'm talking tropical storm windy. This wind in turn made the water all choppy and wavy, which makes visibility crappy and when you look forward and pretty much book your vacation at this specific resort just to dive, the wind becomes a big deal. We did dive once. Maybe i can say twice. We went out once for a two tank dive, so throw that in whatever category you would like. The visibility was not 100+ like it normally it, but about 30 feet. Enough to see a few sharks, so good enough for me I guess. Are you over the dive talk? Ok, moving on, geeze.

Everything else was fantastic. I mean, hell, I'm at the island I used to live on and talk endlessly about. I'm sure most people would rather take a bath in battery acid than listen to any more of my 'stories' but not only was I at MY island seeing MY friends but I was there with Geoff and Sawyer and life doesn't get better than that!

No comments: