Thursday, November 13, 2008

Made from Love!

I'm a little sick of ground turkey but it always end up in my shopping cart via ME. Really, can I stop myself? Can I control my own actions? Am I really a creature of habit. Yes, yes I am. There will ALWAYS be ground turkey in my freezer ready to be defrosted and I'm sick of trying to be creative in terms of it's uses. Turkey burgers, tacos, stuffed peppers. Geoff pulled out the ground turkey and said he was making some spaghetti. Ugh. If there is one thing I don't like, it's spaghetti... and bananas, and coconut and... Anyway, by the look on my face he knew spaghetti wasn't a great idea. I started my internet recipe search. Don't fail me, I need something to do with ground turkey. I was at a loss, it's all the same... except I found a meat loaf recipe. I don't remember ever having meat loaf. I'm sure I have, I just don't remember. Meat loaf doesn't sound appealing, but I thought if I did my own thing to it, I would like it and Geoff would go for the whole meat loaf idea. Meat loaf it was and just like any other recipe, I didn't follow it... at all. I did my own thing, added my own ingredients, adjusted the cooking time and viola, meatloaf. I don't think it smelled like meatloaf or even looked like meatloaf, but I was game and excited for Geoff to try it. After one bit, he looks at me and says he wasn't hungry. Hmmm. I ate it, I loved it, I thought it was consumable, but realized what my problem was. When you tell someone you are going to make something and give it a title, they will expect that. I told Geoff I was going to make meatloaf, ignored the recipe and went with my instinct which happened to be a pretty close twin to my turkey burger recipe. What I had in front of me was the largest baked turkey burger patty this house has ever seen and really, I thought it turned out great.

Since dinner didn't turn out like he hoped I decided I was going to make a little something special for my Lovey Love LOVE. I was tired and headed to bed, but instead of crawling inside the covers, I transformed them into a lovely and wonderful... take a guess... FORT!. Who doesn't like forts? Who didn't like transforming their couches into sprawling fort cities as a child?! Hell, who wouldn't like doing that now? I closed the curtains and the door so he wouldn't walk by and see what was going on. I scoured the living room for anything that could serve as a wall to my fort made from love. I had to pull the bed out, push the bed in, creatively use pillows as an extension to our headboard, use the suitcase for a wall post, get extra blankets from the linen closet and bam, a fort with a grand entrance on Geoff's side of the bed! Geoff walked in and rolled his eyes... crawled in, took one look at me and destroyed the fort. I'm not going to lie, I was a little sad. I worked hard on the fort and now it's walls were in shambles all around me. I threw the walls around my shoulders and said I was sleeping on the couch. He end up picking me up and thowing me back on the bed, apologized for my lack of fort building abilities and declared that his could top mine. So, it's on. Let this day mark the day my husband and I are in Fort War. Fort War, made from love of course.

I'll let you know how he does.

3 comments:

fallgirly said...

I have a really easy and yummy meatloaf recipe IF you like dill pickles. DO you like pickles? Let me know!

fallgirly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Dill, the only kind of pickles I like. You can't trust a person that prefers sweet. Well, that's what I think. Send the recipe, because mine obviously didn't work out!