Sunday, January 23, 2011

Need to hire someone? Need to BE hired?

I recently wrote about the PayPal founder paying students to drop out of school for $100,000.

The scariest thing for me is that in a world where jobs are scarce, whether you learned anything or not at college, those few words on your resume saying you are a college graduate can mean landing a job or remaining jobless.

More than that, many people are jobless right now and don't know where to look. Life is getting more expensive and our incomes aren't covering it. Life can be rough, jobs are scarce.

Others need work done for their company and are not sure to find a good fit for the job needed.

Here is where Consultants.com can be helpful. It's a one stop shop for people looking for consultants to consultants looking to be hired. If you think this isn't for you, attention bloggers, here is a consultant directory where you can list yourself if looking for a way to supplement your writing income, the list even includes bloggers!!! It works like this: A business needs a consultant, consultants.com will help the business define the scope of the work needed and post it to their site. If you have the skills needed to complete a specific job, you can bid on that specific project.

There is more: they will help you set up a profile, market yourself and search for various projects around the world. If you own a business, it's a great place to look for skilled candidates, market your project, find and target highly rated reviewed consultants, manage projects and see that the project is completed successfully.

You can view various consulting jobs and request a proposal.

In short, this is a very easy to use site for both the business looking for a consultant and the individual looking to be hired as a consultant. The jobs listed are very diverse, I challenge you not to find something that fits your job skills.

If you are looking for a job like so many are, I highly recommend looking at Consultants.com, what could it hurt?!?!
(Brought to you by your friends at consultants.com. The opinions are completely my own.)

2 comments:

wonderchris said...

Awesome, I'm gonna check them out!

Jenny said...

OMG Holly... are you reading my diary?! I was just talking about needing something like this for a new biz venture I'm thinking about!! I'll def look into this, thanks soooo much!! And P.S. of course I will send you an email with all the details shortly :) You can evaluate my new idea for me, haha!