Sunday, January 23, 2011

Got Mail?

You know what is worse than not having internet?

Not having POWER. AT ALL!

As we were being thrown back to the early 1900's and boiling water on a wood burning stove, I got all inspired. I even pulled out a pencil and put it to paper. (Remember the pencil and paper thing?) Then I made a list. And sketches. I put together a little inspiration board of things I want to get done to the house. After painting our great room a little while back I swore I was D.O.N.E with house projects but turns out, I'm not!

I have a play room to create.

And a front porch and yard that needs some loving! Part of this loving is a new mailbox. For those of you that were not here during the house buying process, we bought a short sale and it was the worst experience of maybe my ENTIRE LIFE! It was terrible. The owners stole a gazillion things, the process took forever, everyone was a liar. You can get a little background here. We had to buy a TON of stuff to make this house livable.

One was a mailbox. Our mailbox is about 2 miles away from our house. We live UP in the mountains and if a package is delivered by USPS, they don't drive up to our house, I guess it's too much of a hassle. Soooo, they try to stuff our packages in our very small mailbox. If it doesn't fit, they take it back to the post office. More often than not, we have to drive 30 miles to go pick up packages.

Yeah, it kind of stinks. Besides paying so much for shipping, we also have to pay so much in gas just to PICK UP OUR OWN PACKAGE. I now try to refrain from buying stuff online that ships USPS but it's not so easy.

Basically we need a new mailbox and I'm shopping around! Besides just fitting packages in a mailbox, don't you think that it can totally contribute to the curb appeal of a house?!?! I LOVE pretty mailboxes!

There are some pretty fancy mailboxes out there and though I don't need on encrusted with diamonds (though it would be nice), something large and sturdy is what I think we need to get this summer.

The site has a ton of mailboxes to choose from with really great styles and prices. If you buy something from them and find the same item at a lower price, they will give you credit for the amount of price match plus a 10% bonus. They were featured in Country Living, Better Homes and Gardens, HGTV and more. They have really great products and sooo many choices.

I love choices!

From really slick, decorative mailboxes:




To big mailboxes that look all vault-like:


(That is what we need!!!)


Do you think a great mailbox can spruce up curb appeal? What else can make the curb appeal go from boring to FABULOUS?
(Brought to you by your friends at http://www.mailboxixchange.com/)

1 comment:

G. B. Miller said...

I think a locking one would be just the trick for me, mostly because of the neighborhood that I live in.