Monday, January 24, 2011

Damn Lip Liner

If there is one thing people feel comfortable pointing out, it's the fact that my lipliner is crooked. Considering I suck at putting makeup on, this observation could be very true, except that I don't think I've worn lipliner since my high school cheerleading days. Yes, I was a cheerleader, shut up.

I'm telling you, one night in Cancun and for the rest of your life, you have strangers pointing out what is wrong with your lips.

Yeah, okay, I had a lot to drink. Who doesn't when they are on vacation? AND, who doesn't when you are in Mexico?

So, apparently I refused to take a cab back because I didn't need one. " I can WALK!" I don't remember this.

Apparently my friends stayed with me. (Remember how much I love my friends?!)

Apparently, I was not sober enough to walk, took off my heels and continued barefoot on the Mexican pavement.

I tripped.

I thought my shoes were more important than my face.

I broke my fall with my face, arms in the air, holding the shoes high.

The shoes survived, not even a scuff, not a scratch, nothing.

Why did I care about my shoes?

I woke up the next morning and wondered why my face hurt so bad. Wondered why it felt like my lips were sticking out further than my nose.





My lipliner isn't crooked, my scar is. I decided to grind my face into the Mexican pavement and not use my hands to break the fall. Thanks for reminding me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwww at least you have a fun memory to go with it? :)

Kristina P. said...

I had no idea people still wore lipliner!

Unknown said...

awwww I'm not going to lie -- funny story haha =) That WOULD be most annoying though -- and why do people feel so comfortable telling you??

Brandy@YDK said...

i LOVE a good drunk story

Pardonne Moi said...

If that was me I'd be throwing out a big sob story about a horrible accident that left me scarred and thank the insensitive ass for bringing it up before I ran away crying. But I'm kind of a jerk soooo...

On a totally unrelated note, my word verification is "narnesto". Funny word.

Robin said...

That is cute and sad all at the same time. I love drunk stories.

G. B. Miller said...

Kind of like a guy with a black eye saying, "I wasn't punched, I merely stopped him from bruising his knuckles."

:D

At least you didn't lose your sense of humor.

MOMSICLE VIBE said...

Lip liner? Really? I think 1996 called and wants it back. I've been long gone from the blogging world and I've missed you girlfriend! Amusing as always :)

Unknown said...

This fantastic post was very nicely written, and it also contains many good facts. I appreciated your professional way of writing the post. You have made it easy for me to understand. Good and precise info. Lip liner is a great product to make your lips appear fuller or thinner. So they are a must have for me and I will recommend this pocket friendly lip liner to every one. I just fill my lips with the lip liner and then apply the lipstick. Even if the lip color fades away the lip will stays on my lips giving them a glamorous look. Thanks for sharing with us.

best natural mascara