Thursday, January 15, 2009

US Airways

As an ex-flight attendant and a frequent traveler, my heart can't help but skip a beat whenever I hear of a crash. US Airways plane crashes into the Hudson River today, January 15, 2009.

Current news reporting 148 passengers on the plane are now off and alive. News is reporting a bird strike may have caused an engine blow forcing the pilots to crash land in water. To the crew on that plane: A crash landing and every passenger is off and alive? Good job! Damn good job! I can't fathom a plane crashing. I can't tell you how many flights I have been on, what type of turbulence I have been though and in no way do I ever imagine that the plane I could be on may crash. Never. I do know that a safe evacuation of a FULL plane takes a lot of professionalism from all aspects, pilots, flight attendants and passengers.

I guess I just want to extend my gratitude toward the pilots who landed IN WATER safely, the flight attendants who constantly prepare a plane and their passengers each and every flight for a disaster they hope does not happen and the passengers who were able to open those doors and evacuate calmly with everyone in mind and not just themselves. Sometimes humanity gives me hope.

No comments: