Wednesday, January 21, 2009

How I Met My Husband




Phone Conversation-

Suzy:" So, I put your transfer from Fresno to Denver, I just know you will like it way better so I just did it for you. How do the flights look, are you going to make it to Denver today?"

Me really freakin' tired on my period and not feeling very good: "Cool, uhhh, yeah, I'm going to try and get on this flight."



I make the flight and am on my way to Denver. Suzy picks me up, shows me around the neighborhood where she lives and says tonight we are going downtown. I'm really exhausted. The plan: go to a baseball game.

We arrive downtown, park and head to spot we can drink margaritas before the game.

Everyone flakes on the plan. Guess there is no baseball game in the near future. Suzy calls a few people and we decide to head to some guys house named Geoff. Turns out we actually parked right in front of his place when searching for a margarita spot. Perfect!

The doorman lets us up to this guy Geoff's place.

I meet Geoff. Geoff is hot. Geoff is really hot. I like Geoff. Act cool Holly, act cool. No, I mean, be funny, show him that you are funny. Be cool and funny.

I try to be funny.

I'm wishing that I got some sleep the night before cause I'm looking pretty beat.

Geoff is damn hot. We head out for a few drinks with him and his roomie Dave.

Geoff and I talk... a lot.

Geoff scuba dives. I scuba dive! OMG, I think we are made for each other!

We are talking non-stop. He tells me what he does for a living and I don't really get it. Who cares, did I mention how hot this guy is?

Geoff likes Mac's, I have a Mac! He is sooo the one!

Mmmmm, I likey Geoff!

It's time to go and we say goodbye to Geoff and Dave. Geoff kisses my cheek but not Suzy's. Maybe he likes me?



On the drive home-

Me: "So, I've got a crush on someone but you already know that."
Suzy: " I know."


The next morning I head to the airport and try to get back to L.A. All the flights are booked and as a standby passenger I'm getting denied flight after flight.

Geoff emails me.
I email back.
He emails back.
I email back again. I like Geoff a lot.
This email thing goes on for a while and he says if I don't make the next flight he is going to pick me up and we are going to go out.

I don't make the next flight.
He picks me up.
We go out.

I like Goeff.
We have some wine, we have conversation and we have our fist kiss.

A few months later we say I do.

Today I don't likey Geoff, I'm crazy in love with him.


(Autumn, that was for you!)

2 comments:

Juliana said...

Awwwwwww:)

fallgirly said...

I like this whole request a post. That was fun! Cute story. It's so funny when you don't wan feel like going out or when you least expect it, GREAT things happen!