Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Random Things

So everyone is tagging me on this facebook note.  Since I'm not smart at the whole facebook thing, I'll do it here and then post it there.  I know, I'm lame.  

1.  I once socked (no, not punched) my brother in face to show my friend how strong I was.  I knocked out a tooth.  Moral: Don't mess with me.

2.  I am completely out of date with what is cool on T.V.  Heroes, American Idol, and whatever shows everyone talks about are beyond me.  Turn on the Cosby Show and I'm happy.

3.  I got voted 'Most Shy' in high school.  I know, I still can't believe it.  

4.  I think Dairy is the devil and would happily talk your face off about it in hopes that you will one day agree.

5.  On the whole talking subject: I got voted the #1 persuasive speaker at a Cal State Debate against a bunch of communication majors.   Ha, take THAT 'Most Shy' award!

6.  My brother once burned all my toys and blamed the fire on me, like I would burn my own toys.   My strawberry shortcake kitchen set was forever ruined and I'm still upset about it.

7.  When I'm under the influence of too much wine, all of a sudden I think I'm fluent in French.  I blame Turks and Caicos.

8.  I can't help but have an air competition with you if we were to go scuba diving together.  I want to be the one on the boat with the most air left in her tank. I blame Holly Scuba.

9.  I say I would love if my house were haunted because I think I could talk the ghost into doing chores.  Really, I think it would totally freak me out, even if the ghost did do dishes.

10.  I am absolutely clueless when it comes to makeup.  I don't know what to do and would rather not wear any then end up looking like Sawyer got me ready to go out.  

11.  There is some sort of nerve that runs down my face, so when I tap my cheek, my upper right lip twitches.  This is my greatest talent.

12.  Speaking of talents, if I could get plastic surgery on one thing, it would be my vocal cords so I could be an amazing singer.  I long to sing and dance on Broadway.  I imagine myself on stage and choreograph dances during my runs down the Cherry Creek bike path.  Yes, that is me running with jazz hands.

13.  I not so secretly want to write a book, I just don't know what it would be about and who the hell would read it.

14.  I remember being interviewed for a friend club (BFC!) and being asked if I would laugh if a fellow member tripped and fell.  I said yes and still hold true to my answer.  I think falling and/or embarrassing yourself is one of the funniest damn things.  I still love you, but I really love you when you are my form of entertainment.

15.  Holding hands is one of my favorite things in the world and feel insanely lucky that my husband feels the same.

16.  People ask what my worst experience was as a flight attendant.  If you haven't heard this story yet, you are in for a treat, just make sure you have an empty stomach.  I think I'll hold off on this one and make it a blog.... stay tuned for that one.  AND don't tell me this doesn't count as a fact, I'll elaborate soon.

17.  I hate motorcycles.  I am sooo nervous every time my husband wants to ride his to work and wait anxiously by the computer to receive his, "I'm here!" email.

18.  (Okay, seriously you guys, 21 is a lot.)  I do squats as I blow dry my hair.  I hate to dry my hair and I feel like if I'm working on something else (like my tushy), it will make me actually complete the drying process, instead of walking away and having frizzy hair all day.

19.  The only person that has ever got me to change much of anything is my friend Janice.  Thanks to her I like to cook.

20.  One of my goals is to be able to do a standing back handspring on my 30th birthday.  The only thing I've done to accomplish this goal is a handstand against the wall once a few months ago.

21.  (Finally, it's HERE!)  I can make my tongue in the shape of three loops. You know, like the taco, but three of them.  When I showed my husband this a few months ago he said, "Don't ever do that again!"


-Dedicated to Debra because she said I'm funny.-

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! What is really funny is that your title is "25 random things" and yet you only did 21. But I absolutely forgive you since you dedicated it to me. I am just praying I am the only Debra you know.

Unknown said...

Oops, L.O.L, I didn't even notice that! Man, I'm so dumb sometimes! I'm gong to keep it like that though just to show people I'm not perfect ALL the time. JK ;)

Anonymous said...

You should leave it! 21 is the new 25.

Nikki said...

I can do #21 too! i guess there is 2 in a million! wink wink

Unknown said...

Nikki, that's funny, didn't know that about you!