Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Proof I Didn't Need Another Glass of Wine. Memories!




It's amazing all the things you miss when you aren't able to stay up much past 8 p.m. It's amazing what you miss when you no longer close the bars down, or when you no longer travel from city to city hanging with the locals who are always bringing you to places hoping to make you think that where they live is indeed the BEST place to live EVER. I'm going though an old notebook trying to find where I wrote all my fun aerobic combinations, instead I'm finding old stories, old letters. Here are a few adventures I'm re-living as I'm going through that notebook.

Flashing Kilt wearing men in Ottawa asking if my boyfriends have ever measured up to them. (Owwww, my EYES!)

Walking into the hotel in San Francisco to be greeted with a huge Kublicon convention and all their game addict glory and then dragging our angry friend to see it too. "Power to the Kublicon!"

Kids in The Bronx playing a little game called "You got a PROBLEM?!?!". It's like freeze tag except a lot of yelling is involved. Only in New York.

Replacing water with real Vodka in my friend Jill's Vodka bottle before she went out and performed her part (Lola, she was a showgirl!) in the club med show.

Preparing to go on a horrible double date with guys that were way too into us and dressing as bad as possible, realizing that your outfit really doesn't matter!

Sitting out in the sun for over an hour just to satisfy our curiosity as to why there was a huge water tank in the middle of the Taste of Chicago. We were rewarded with the worst mermaid show in history and a sun burn.

Fake stealing from a friend in front of strangers just to see the look on their face and if they were honest enough to stop me.

Falling off stage while trying to complete a turn like my boss did and the only thing people could say was, I'm glad she didn't knock over the beer. Thanks people, I see where your priorities are!

Lighting my hand on fire while grabbing one of the shots on fire, (I'm drunk, don't light my drinks up!) and waving it around like it was the new sparkler in town.


I've had some good times, oh yes (closing my eyes), some really good times!

P.S. No harm to the hand in the writing of this blog.

No comments: