Friday, November 6, 2009

Things that are going on.

I didn't actually TELL you guys because I thought once I said it, I wouldn't be able to do it, totally go blank, but turns out I still failed.

Last year, the thing that kicked off this blog was National Blog Posting Month, NaBlPoMo or something like that. Aren't the initials a little too long to be helpful? Anyway, you are suppose to blog EVERY DAY! Seriously, every day for a month. I got like three in a row and was so proud, I wanted to take my OWN temperature, you know, just to make sure I was still okay.

And I failed because there is no post yesterday. I MEANT to post, I even had stuff to say, but the day just flew by, just like the last few months have. I mean, did you guys know it's November? It's not August, or September and I'm pretty sure October got skipped but it's NOVEMBER!!! I can't believe it! Yeah, so, a day got by me, oops.

Since I've been asked, here is the deal with the house...

I have NO clue what real estate language means! Until yesterday, we have not heard back from anyone. All this waiting is driving Geoff nuts but somehow along with all the crazy I've become, I've also become patient. It's like patience is my new super power. I'm all super power patient... with EVERYTHING!!! I'm also not all obsessive about things (Weird huh, Aurora?!?!) and fell back in love with our little condo. I was checked out long ago, got annoyed at it often and was sure the hormones, once I became pregnant, would make it worse. But it didn't. I'm happy here and am going to miss it when it's gone but the key word, is it eventually needs to be GONE. We have to sell and until we do, there isn't a house for us. So, all this waiting was good, no sold condo equals no bought house and I was fine, patient.

BUT yesterday we got a few emails in some other language that wasn't offered in my high school foreign language selection and now I have NO idea what is going on.

Story: My step grandpa is super smart, creative, funny; he INVENTS things! I thought this was soooo cool when I was younger. One day on the drive back from his place my friend and I asked my step mom how growing up with him was. It had to be awesome, right? Your dad just builds and invents cool toys and games and plays with you all the time. It's like a dream! I'll never forget her story. She said it had its drawbacks. For Halloween one year, she wanted to go to some party, dress as some thing BOUGHT from a store. It was cool back then, you know, to BUY your costume. Purchasing wasn't going to do it though and her dad had it covered. She came home one day to the most bizarre outfit sitting on her bed: pants with one leg cut off, crazy shirt that wasn't a long sleeve or a short sleeve, different socks, etc. After finding out that THIS was indeed her 'new costume', she asked what the heck she was suppose to be. The answer? A Confuse-A-Cat. You walk down the street and confuse all the cats. A Confuse-A-Cat. She was mortified.

I feel like that is exactly what real estate language is. A big Confuse-A-Cat. We get this email that says the file has been closed but a closed file can always be reopened and the new negotiator is unwilling to negotiate the price further. Well, we didn't ask to negotiate the price any further and why is the file closed if you keep extended the foreclosure date? The agent also said something about finding their bottom price and junk. I don't get it. Say what you mean. If the bank doesn't want to negotiate any more from OUR price, than accept our price! If they don't want to negotiate from the asking price, then don't accept our price and we'll OFFER you the ASKING price. But MAKE A MOVE! We are not far off from the asking price as it is, basically if the bank wasn't so dang wishy-washy, they would of made that difference in mortgage payments by now. I think the whole letter meant, we are going to say a bunch of stuff to confuse you because we actually haven't done a damn thing including winterize! I would of been so much happier and less confused if the email I got back simply said, "Confuse-A-Cat." Cool, I get it, thanks, makes TOTAL sense, I'll keep waiting!

I'm shutting up now, I have to make sure I have more to say tomorrow, you know for National Blog like a Lunatic Month.


Peace, love and confusing outfits,


me.

8 comments:

Babe in Babeland said...

I am not doing this whole national blog everyday thing for this month. I'd rather do NaNoWriMo, which about writing a novel in a month. I'm thinking the blog thing is a spin off on that.

I love the COnfuse a Cat story! Sorry to hear all the real estate stuff is confusing, but i am confident it will all work out great!

MEGandJEFF said...

Arghhhh!!! That is so frustrating...those short sales & bank-owned houses drove us up walls for months!! I was lucky that my husband understood most of that jibber-jabber, 'cause I sure as hell do not! I wish I knew how to explain all that schtuff..but I will just send happy wishes & positive vibes your way, instead :) I must add, as a side note: very impressed with your patience, girl!

So, I hear that ultimately, if you have patience (which you obviously do!) short sale/bank-owned/forclosed homes are HUGELY worth it in the end..I really hope it all works out for ya!

Aurora Sisneros said...

Whoa. I do not envy your situation at all (except for the non-obsessive part - nice work!!). I would call and scream and yell because I am NOT patient, and I get sick of being jerked around. HOWEVER, you guys ARE serious about buying this place, and the bank knows that, and they SHOULD realize that this is their best chance at getting any money. Retards.

Unknown said...

Thanks guys! It is frustrating, but we have to be patient. I just wish they said, 'we aren't going to get back to you for 6 months, so deal with it.' But, they did not. Oh well.

Aurora: I'm already a failure at making a stalking. I'm sooo confused. I went into Michaels and walked back out after walking around like a lost puppy. That store is intimidating. I need help!

Kathryn said...

hello.. im new to your blog =).. i posted about the phil and ted vs bob revolution and you had wrote about it.. Just thought id stop by and read your blog.. i am now a follower.. Have you had a chance to read my blog? hope fully i will see more of you.. congrats on the baby!!

Jenny said...

Oh my dear, didn't I tell you it would take 6 months? :) Nothings ever closed until they sell it, so don't lose hope! I can tell ya, you'll probably be hearing something back very soon. Banks have been hoarding their inventory of homes for the last quarter, and are now starting to sell them all of quickly to clear their books by the end of the year. Most likely they'll present you with a contract or counter offer soon. Good thing you've got patience to spare!

Side note, you need to take back that lie about not dressing up Sawyer for Halloween. He was a Pet-a-Cat. You know, in case one came along, he'd pet it. Totally a costume.

Tracie said...

I didn't even attempt the daily posting thing. (And I already post almost every day.) With Thanksgiving coming up and my son's birthday - not going to happen.

I hope the house thing works out for you. Patience is a virtue and all that jazz.

G. B. Miller said...

Blogging every day for a month???

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I have a blog I follow and the person throws about five posts per day (repeat, per day) when he's not working.

I may be wordy but there is no way in h-e-double toothpicks that I can make a 150 posts per month.