Sunday, November 15, 2009

Bucilla Christmas Stocking

I decided to title this post so matter of fact purely for the search engines and no, not for extra traffic. You know how I wanted to make Sawyer a stocking and was going to be all Craft Whore and thought about my fancy stocking that someone made me with lots of love? After some searching, I'm pretty sure my stocking came from a kit, a Bucilla Stocking Kit to be exact. The felt, the sequins, the designs, it's right on with my childhood stocking. After a tiny bit of searching, I decided to go with my gut and bought this one...


Image here

After some more searching, I found cuter, more elaborate stockings I liked better then realized, they were MORE ELABORATE and decided my gut might of chosen correctly.

Then I started to freak.

Does it come with needle and thread? How do you even SEW on a sequin? Iron on felt? You can even IRON felt?

So I started searching for reviews and tips and the only thing I really found was all these people LOVE these kits, and "though on my 40th stocking, I can't get enough, do give yourself enough time, start in the summer...". Ummm, did this person say 'start in the summer' and it's her '40th stocking'?! HUH?! I found no one freaking out, no beginner jumping into a shark tank. No one I could relate with.

I think I'm in a shark tank but the sharks are sequins and stitching and I'm going to have to swim for my life.

Back to the bland title. If anyone out there decided on a whim they were going to prove their love through a homemade stocking and is now flipping out... You. Aren't. Alone.

I'm terrified.

Let the journey begin.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it turns out

AiringMyLaundry said...

Good luck!

You can do it!

Tracie said...

Good luck! Keep us posted on your progress!

Anonymous said...

lol good luck!! i have total faith in you!

bodoba said...

Technically you won't need to wash the stocking (hopefully) so you could use sewing "glue" to sew the seams instead of actually hand sewing it.

Crafts are easy and I'm sure it's something that you'll be very proud of for years to come.

Aurora Sisneros said...

I'm ready to rescue you!

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read the post. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Matt said...

HAHAHAHA.

Good luck with that. We expect photos of the finished product!

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

the sharks are definitely sequins and the piranhas are the needle and thread

Diva's Thoughts said...

LOL. Boy am I glad I don't have to worry about this kind of stuff. lol

Good luck though!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Regarding the comment you left on my blog: yup, my husband plays online all the time. I think he's a level 25 now? His name is deathshead or something like that. It's annoying because he'll scream at other players to "DO THEIR JOBS!" and "NOT JUST STAND AROUND LIKE IDIOTS!"