Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Nursery Rhyme

I was reading a book of nursery rhymes to Sawyer and felt the need to stop in the middle of this one.


The Owl and the Pussycat went to sea
In a beautiful pea-green boat:
They took some honey, and plenty of money,
Wrapped up in a five-pound note.

The Owl looked up to the stars above,
And sang to a small guitar,
"O lovely Pussy! O Pussy, my love,
What a beautiful Pussy, you are,
You are,
You are!
What a beautiful Pussy you are!"



Ummm, do any of us remember being rocked to sleep to this? Is this a classic? Just wondering.

8 comments:

tera said...

This was always one of my favorites, and in some ways still is...but I think our over use/misuse of a lot of words has sort of ruined it.

Change it to "kitty cat" and it'll be all good. :)

Becky HIll said...

That is so funny, we have that book. My gay friend Matt gave it to me...

Anonymous said...

i have no idea what this is... lol never heard it

Annie said...

i've heard of this one before ;)
used to have a book with that nursery rhyme i can see the picture in my mind.

Tracie said...

I've heard it before.

I think it was banned in my elem. school. (The South)

kate telles said...

hahaha! Man how times have sure changed! I love that u posted it and i love where ur mind went when reading it, now I dont feel so immature! :)Love it!

Diva's Thoughts said...

LOL! I've never heard this poem before....I don't remembe rmy mother ever reading this to me. lol

Bobby, Jenny, Bryce and Leah said...

Are you sure this wasn't out of a different type of "adult" book? That really got me laughing out loud!