Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Christmas Sock

You guys know I'm lame right? And not a perfectionist? Am a bit mediocre?

So, did you guys see Sawyer's costume?

Yeah, I posted pics... of him in his costume, his Halloween costume... which consisted of a shirt, jeans and an old little cap. Yup, I said cap. Happy Halloween, lazy mommy doesn't have a costume for you.

In my defense, I've been tired, incredibly tired, too tired to fight the crowds for a halloween costume and then when I actually TRIED to find one on the morning of October 31st, nothing was left but fairy princess costumes.

Then I thought, as much as I want my maybe future little girl to be in tutus as much as possible, maybe I won't dress her as a fairy or princess or combination of the two, because DAMN, can there be any more fairy princess costumes in this world? Maybe I was bitter because they had nothing for my manly, handsome, manly (Did I say manly?), NOT FAIRY PRINCESS, little man?

I look at the last pictures and hold my head in shame. Maybe I'm going overboard, but get this, I DECIDED to make Sawyer his very first Stocking. (Yeah, I know LAST year was his first Christmas but he didn't have a stocking, are you at all surprised?!) So, I'm going to be all mom like and festive, and artsy and dear God, wish me luck...

4 comments:

Annie said...

best of luck in your stocking making my dear! ;)
you had good reason to be tired, it's okay...i'm sure you're little man will forgive you for not dressing him up ;) heck, he is probably glad you didn't! my 2 year old nephew wouldn't even put his costume on so think of it as money saved!!

Aurora Sisneros said...

Ha! Call me if/when you run into disaster, and I will rescue you. :)

The Peach Tart said...

I thought he looked adorable and good luck with the stocking. I'm not good at crafts.

Tracie said...

Good luck! I was going to make costumes for all 3 of us this year. The boys ended up in pre-fab and I didn't even dress up. And it was ok. Don't put too much pressure on yourself.