Thursday, August 27, 2009

Teaching this OLD dog new tricks. Thanks kid!

Hi everyone!!!

Sorry I have been so busy lately but it doesn't help that GEOFF BOUGHT A PACK OF GUM.

Yeah.

So, if you just joined me, THIS is what happens when Geoff chews gum.

Yesterday:

Me- "Babe, WHAT is in your mouth?!"

Him- "Ummmm..."

Me- "Just WHERE did you get that from? Who gave it to you?!"

Him- "I bought it myself."

Me with hand cupped under his chin. "Okay, now spit it out."

Him after spitting gum into my hand- "You win."


As you can see things just keep getting busier around here but, but, BUT-

I wanted to tell you guys about Sawyer's new trick. Ready? You are going to get a kick out of it, love it, really, you will.

Sigh.

Sawyer knows what he wants, can communicate pretty decently what he does and does not want. When he does not get what he wants, he is not a happy boy. So, the other day I was shaving my legs because I hear three inch long leg hair is not in style right now (Weird, right?) and I hear Goeff yelling for me to 'COME HERE!!!'. Didn't he know that I just lathered and was ready to swipe? I asked him to hold on and he was like, "No, RIGHT NOW!" Rude, no?

"Babe, one sec!"

"It's an emergency, RIGHT NOW!"

Since I have been with Geoff, I have never heard the 'E' word. I ran out and found a limp and blue one year old in Geoff's arms. I knew instantly what happened and yelled Sawyer's name sharply while running over to him as Geoff was shaking his arm and telling him to wake up.

Right as I got there he opened his eyes and started breathing. Color came back to his face, his lips and he looked scared out of his mind. I held him, kissed him, was sooo happy that my boy was breathing. He breaths, yes, BREATH, glorious breath. Sawyer was exhausted in my arms, and Geoff told me what happened.

Yes folks, meet my son Sawyer who knows how to throw an excellent tantrum. Turns out Geoff wouldn't let Sawyer pound on the keyboard, Sawyer got upset, cried and held his breath until he passed out The annoying part is, it works. He becomes upset, tries to kill himself and we all give him love afterword. He isn't even TWO yet and he's got manipulation down. Awesome. I predict our life ahead as just, uhhh, awesome. (P.S. This breath holding thing is not uncommon, just be warned.)

Still no diaper bag and in my last post I mentioned throwing a tantrum just to get one before November... any idea what I have in mind???


Love you all!

Peace, love and lungs full of oxygen,

me.

13 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Oh. My. Goodness!! IT WORKS? When they do that? Hold their breath until they pass out? Ahhhhhh that is scary!! I am so glad he is OK... manipulation expert or no!

Annie said...

omgosh!! that is crazy! never heard of that before. i'd be freaked out.

ha, too funny that you hubby is now allowed to have gum!

G. B. Miller said...

Wow.

And I thought my eight year old daughter was good.

Becky HIll said...

works like a charm every time for me!

fallgirly said...

OH EM GEE! Are you serious!?! Blue! This is a post the husband will be readin gtonight!

Bobby, Jenny, Bryce and Leah said...

i haven't heard of this??! it is common?

i wouldn't know what to do, it would be so annoying if he kept doing it, but everytime you would be so happy when they start breathing again it would be hard to get mad.

what a smart lil guy! love a person who knows how to get what they want. good luck mom with that one!!

Hit 40 said...

This is awful....

but I would love a video of this!!! I know it is not funny to you. However, funny to me.

I have heard this type of behavior is a sign of a high IQ. Really no kidding.

bodoba said...

Yeah I still give my daughter time outs when she self inflicts pain. That's not an acceptable way to get hugs in my house. But it does freak me out a bit...now I gotta go check on my napping baby.

anymommy said...

Yeah, that is so not funny. I'd be scared blue myself. Does tickling him jar him out of it?

AiringMyLaundry said...

Yikes!

My kids haven't tried this. I hope they never do. They just resort to screaming at the top of their lungs.

The Skinny Mom said...

WHAT?? Okay, your blog is scaring me now. I seriously don't know if I can read it anymore... I am getting so scared about the future with Henry!

Anonymous said...

выпускницы ню http://free-3x.com/ трахнули училку фото free-3x.com/ фото крупным планом малолетних [url=http://free-3x.com/]free-3x.com[/url]

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.