Monday, August 17, 2009

Little bit of a letter, little bit of an update, lot a bit of random.

You know the guy at Disneyland with a harmonica in his mouth, a drum hanging off his back, guitar in hands? I'm that guy and sometimes I'll stop to eat. I'm not complaining, no, I actually like it. I'm just a little hungry and longing for a free day. Things are only going to get busier and I think I'm okay with that. It just means other things don't get done as well, like spending all my time looking for a diaper bag to lust for each day. (Today I'm all about the Not Rational bags in case you were wondering. I want to buy several and hold their hand, and cuddle with them, Not Rational bags and Holly for LIFE, heart, heart.) I've started training people at the gym I teach at, getting clients in the summer in Denver is not the most easy thing. Denver is a fit city and in the summer, people are out, hiking, running, biking. Now, I want them to be in, with me, training, inside. Anyone want to come inside?

Just a few days ago I found out a girl that belonged to a website I was addicted to throughout my pregnancy experienced something I could not even wrap my head around. She dropped her son off at his grandparents house (on the dad's side, not the moms) to have a weekend without her little boy. She received a call later that weekend, her son jumped into the pool and drowned. No one was watching him and he didn't make it.

Pause.

This disturbs me beyond words. I'm am deeply saddened for this family. I don't know if or how any forgiveness will take place on every end. I don't know if I could forgive someone who was suppose to be watching one of the most prized people in my life, and if I was the responsible party, I would never, ever forgive myself. Needless to say, I cried. I cried because this happens everyday and it happened to someone I have a small connection to. I cried because it seemed more real. I cried because Sawyer is not invincible to the world, and if anything happened to him, I wouldn't be able to function, maybe be able to EVER function normal again.

Since then, I've upped the kisses Sawyer receives each day. I'm sure he is sooo over my hugs and dorky mom kisses, but I'm incredibly lucky to have such an amazing family and feel even more lucky that they are safe, healthy, happy. I look at them and feel spoiled, Veruca from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory kind of spoiled and I'm now more fully and happily aware of this fact. I love my boys, my golden tickets!

Okay, back to the one man band. I'm jumping back into the travel agent stuff again. I don't know why I took a mini vacay from it, I think it was our own vacation, Sawyer's birthday, teaching WAY more fitness classes and sometimes having up to four showings a day on our place but I'm back in the game and booking trips! The more activities I schedule for myself, the more efficiently I run. I don't know what is going on each day unless I look at my planner. It's bad.

All of that means I sleep well at night, really well, am up early and gone all day. I feel behind on your blogs and miss you, I'm behind on mine a bit a apologize but you can be sure, I'm not behind on the newest diaper bag releases, thanks to the iphone's great internet connection...


Love you all, hug your children, fence in your pools and always eat your vegetables.


Me

13 comments:

MEGandJEFF said...

Oh! My heart is just aching for that little family..I can't even imagine how awful..

It sounds like you are very busy. Busy is good :) Keep up the busy, girl! :)

bodoba said...

So sorry to hear about the drowning. That stuff gets to me too a lot especially when I'm have extra hormones. I'm glad you're starting up some extra activities, they always help stave off boredom.

Juliana said...

I was just thinking about posting a blog about this. I think it is a mom thing...we just know...we know what that would be like even though we cannot imagine and never want to. It is so so so sad.

G. B. Miller said...

Seems I haven't been around much lately because your last couple of post were nifty ones indeed.

Glad to hear that you're working that Type A personality to the max.

anymommy said...

These things hit so hard, in a new way, once you have little ones. It's an awful story, my heart breaks for them. I'll hug my kids tighter for sure.

fallgirly said...

I so missed you on Saturday. I really wished I could've squeezed your face! So with all this running around, where does Sawyer go for childcare?

Furry Bottoms said...

AWa That poor kid. And the mother must be beyond heartbroken. When you least expect it to happen, it happens.

My neighbor (2 houses down) had a little 5 yr old boy. Very active, very vivacious very playful. I saw him on the swing set in his backyard with his Dad who had climbed up there with him. They were having fun. The next day, the 5 yr old was dead. Just like that. He had a weird stroke out of the blue. It just makes you reevaluate your own life and those you love.

Diva's Thoughts said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry and speechless. I could not even imagine the pain this mother is going through not to mention the family that was responsible for watching him. Just so sad.

Hit 40 said...

This brings up the whole forgive/forget thing. I guess we have to forgive... does this mean that she has to forget their flagrant stupidity???? I would press charges. This was clear child neglect. If this happened at a day care, the day care worker would be in jail. How is it different when a parent/grandparent kills the kid????? I mean it!!! How is it different???

Is this a friend at the gym or a blog?? I want to know what happens to the grandparents.

SweetPeaSurry said...

Ya know Holly, I knew you were going to get bizzy and that you were going to develop a diaper bag fetish so I just quit writing on my blog all together. One less thing for the planner that way.

I was so saddened to hear about that baby drowning. So difficult. I agree with you, I don't know how one could forgive or how one could forgive themselves.

Blessings dahlink, stay bizzy and happy.

Babe in Babeland said...

Oh that is just so sad. It reminds me to be thankful for each moment I have with my little one.

I love reading your posts!

Anonymous said...

you always make me smile! The Veruca part actually made some teeth show today! I would also LOVE to come take a class at your gym... except... I'm in MD.

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. That is so sad

Unknown said...

To everyone that commented:

Have I told you-lately- how much I love you?

Have I told you-there's no one-else above you?

You fill my heart with gladness.

Take away all my sadness.

Okay, you guys get the point, thanks for sticking by me, giving me your opinions and support. I love you all like an early 90's song, which is A LOT!