Sunday, August 23, 2009

So Hard to say 'Au Revoir'

My husband said I could do it, I could buy one. My heart started racing. It's not like I need his permission all the time or anything but I like being on the same page AND since only one of us has a job and that person being me and by 'me' I mean, I don't make as much money as he does SO we are only buying what we need like groceries. BORING.

But remember I NEEDED a new diaper bag?!?!

I finally convinced him, HE SAID YES! O. M. G! HE. SAID YES!

SO, there I am, all nervous and shaky and I feel like I am making one of the biggest decisions of my life. I mean, get married, check. Have baby, check. Convince husband that I NEED a new diaper bag and then ACTUALLY make a decision, because, lets face it, there are so many to choose from, not such an easy CHECK! Right? RIGHT?!?!

Google: Nest diaper bag reviews.
Google: Timi and Leslie diaper bag reviews.
Google: Best diaper bag reviews that are not ugly.
Google: Not ugly diaper bags, poor reviews.
Google: Cute diaper bag on sale, screw the reviews.

Email all friends pictures of diaper bag and get second opinions.
Ignore second opinions because one bag, THE ONE is calling my name, chanting and singing my name.

Then I got cold feet, closed the computer and walked away without ordering the singing, chanting diaper bag.

Totally walked away.

Geoff looked at me and was all, 'Soooo?' And I was all, 'Nooooo.' And he was all, 'Huhhhh?'

Really.

Then he told me to just buy the freakin' thing and I did. I did it. I walked right over to the computer and I gave myself a pep talk and totally ordered a diaper bag.

I ordered this one...



The fancy one. I know some of you may not like it, maybe it's a little too bling, and I thought I live in Colorado, is this too bling?! Then I thought about all the outfits this would look good with, of course, I have none of them and would have to go buy outfits to match my diaper bag and then I thought, WHAT IF I HATE THIS DIAPER BAG?!?!

I got nervous again.

Oh man, but this was it, I bought it and I'm going to love it and support it and defend it against all haters. It was me and diaper bag for LIFE.

I fell asleep Friday night wondering what kind of friendship bracelet I should knit for my new besty.

Saturday I wondered when my diaper bag would greet me in the mail. Would she come wrapped up in pretty paper? Is she a hugger or more of a hand shake gal? Perhaps a kiss on the cheek? I could sure use some Euro up in here, we would say things like 'bonjour' and 'mon ami', and kiss people on the cheek as we greeted them. Oh man, life was good.

Sunday I opened up an email giving me an update on my order. Yesssss! I love updates!

Then, noooooo!

"Order canceled."

After a few emails, I found out the Timi and Leslie diaper bags got recalled due to some stitching something or rather and I might have to wait until NOVEMBER!

Yeah, that is exactly what I wrote, NOVEMBER!

Do they know the activities I have planned until then?! Do they know my birthday is in October AND I have a great party in the planning stages for mid October and they want me to wait until NOVEMBER?!

Now that I can't have the bag, it's all I want. Dear Timi and Leslie, can you please send me your fancy shmancy silver bag before I melt into a pile of toddler tantrum. Sawyer does not need to be influenced by my ways, and you don't want to see me plan outfit around my OLD bag do you?!?! It's sooo not bling.

What do you guys think? Wait it out or search for a new one?!?!

Yes, this really was my weekend.

AND, I have a friendship bracelet in the works and no one to wear it.

And no one to kiss on the cheek.

What to do, what to do...

13 comments:

SweetPeaSurry said...

I say peruse the net for a new one, and if you don't find one, resign yourself to November. *sighs* I know it's tough, but this could be a SIGN that you were meant for a better more awesome more blingy besty DB!!! Oh yeah sistah, get your shoppin' on!

Anonymous said...

Save our money. It's not meant to be.

Furry Bottoms said...

Very hard to let it go, but I think it may be the thing to do. Only your heart can tell you though. Au revoir being too hard? Try Der weiderschnitzel (I know sp is wrong)... Aloha... Goodbye... what is goodbye in spanish?

I think something better is in the works, so save your money till next thing comes along. Thats my two cents! :)

G. B. Miller said...

Ooookay.

I still have no idea on where to go with this.

I suppose it's a guy thing and dad thing with kids at least 6 years and 14 years removed from diapers.

At least your weekend was more productive than mine.

Unknown said...

oooooh tough one. I did a review of a diaper bag recently...http://johnandstevearehavingababy.blogspot.com/2009/08/new-leather-daddy.html

it's a little more masculine, but peruse the site for other more 'blingy' or 'euro' options. Great quality with Storksak.

MEGandJEFF said...

hahaha :)...oh, so sad! I looooove the blingy one..but I would say that if, in the meantime, you find one you like better..go for that, instead!

Unknown said...

Fickle. That's what you are. Next, you'll write a post entitled, "Are you a cheater?"

Oh wait. Too late.

:)

Suzy said...

Well it's not too blingy, it's actually very in style as it's a metallic and it only means you have up to the minute taste. Bronze is also very in. Pass on gold though.

Maggie May said...

this is so freakin funny. you crack me up. i hope you get your bag!!

Aurora Sisneros said...

OK, so FIRST thing I want to say is THANK GOD someone else is as obsessive as I am about shit. Being that is is my birthday on Friday, and I have tomorrow off as well, I have TOTALLY slacked off at work today and have done NOTHING but try to find a knitting pattern for this KILLER peacock blue cardigan that Cynthia Nixon was wearing in the Sex and the City movie. I seriously have looked at 10 million cardigan patterns today.

Oh, right, diaper bag. OK. So, if you were me, (which you almost are by the level of obsessiveness, although I am in front of a PC all day so I am SOOO sure I have you beat), you will continue looking EVEN IF you decide to WAIT till November for the blingy one (WHICH, btw is TOTALLY hot - I love non-babyish diaper bags). Therefore, it is POSSIBLE that you are going to find another one, which you will chalk up right away. Or, you won't, and all the sudden it will be November, and you will be able to get the HOT one.

Girl, it's gonna be a game time decision FO SHO.

Woman with Kids said...

ARG! That's awful! Fully deserves a temper tantrum (quietly, away from the children and animals).

The Skinny Mom said...

I think it may be a sign... Keep looking and you'll probably find one that you like WAY more!

Christina said...

Awesome! It is the best trendy bag for new moms to attend any functions.Stork Sak Diaper Bag