Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Why don't you just cry like a little baby???

I was reading in some (stupid) magazine regarding (stupid) manners. Really, who needs them?

Some (wimpy) chick was whining about all of her friends with kids telling her (true) horror birth stories.

She (wimp girl) was upset at the fact that she was already nervous for the upcoming birth of her child and didn't need her (honest) friends telling her the horrors of birth.

The 'Manners Guru' sided with the Mother-To-Be stating that her friends should keep their stories to themselves.

Immediately I thought, 'girl, let me tell you a little story'.

REALLY, you are about to give birth out your vagina and you don't want any warning??? Any tips?? ANY ADVICE???

Yes, it's going to be roses and candlelight; dark chocolate and ball gowns; champagne fountains and red carpet.

Okay, well, there might actually be red carpet, but the carpet didn't start out that way.

Birth is NOT pretty. A lot of crap comes out of your orifices including ACTUAL CRAP, not even hypothetical crap, real actual brown smelly crap.

Let me repeat, AND YOU DON'T WANT WARNING?!?!

I realized this, I love to scare people. I love to scare the crap out of people. I mean, I try to be a little funny about it, but I thoroughly enjoy telling people horror stories and 'Manners Guru' was getting in my way. We were not friends.

Birth is awesome, birth is miraculous, birth is absolutely disgusting and some not so pretty things happen.

I tell people about those things, happily.

Before I had Sawyer, I remember writing to people that had a child and asking for any advice, anything I would need at home. How they knew when to go into the hospital, what their contractions felt like, how bad their vagina tore, how bad it hurt to push out a poop with a torn up vagina and newborn sucking the perky life out of your boobies.

I asked it all. I wanted to know. I wanted to prepare myself, get things from the grocery story, prepare my husband.

After all that preparing, all the poop talk, all the vagina talk, I was still ill prepared. I tore in a way I didn't know you could and turns out was actually pretty uncommon. I couldn't sit normal for six weeks, I didn't know that the pangs of healing your private parts were exactly that, PANGS of healing and lighting, owwww it hurts, but it's healing. Birth was amazing, it was, but it wasn't roses and lollipops and I think being ill prepared is the worst thing you could do.

Did you know there is spray, and pads, and witch hazel and spray bottles, all for you to go pee, and if you don't have that at home, life is going to suck?! Don't you want to know that?!?!

I tell people. I do. I don't hold back. I talk about my parts, about his entrance about my healing because this stuff happens people and it can happen to you but you don't want to know?!?!

Then I remembered my childhood.

Maybe I'm not normal, maybe my desire to inform others of the unhappy side is not a common thing for the average human.

See, my brother and I had this ongoing competition. It was just a teensy, tiny little competition. You see and it involved the other person's friend and sleep overs and crying.

Background: My favorite movie when I was little was 'Poltergeist'. I loved scary things, I love to be scared and I love to scare the crap out of others.

So, one of us would invite a friend over and the timer would start. If I invited one of my friends over, my brother would do anything and everything he could to make my friend so scared, she would call her mom and ask her mom to pick her up and vice versa.

But I always won.

I was so damn good at making my brother's freind's cry from fear and call their mom shaking.

I really thought it was funny if they called home at a bad time, like midnight.

Oh, the joy we got out of that game and I was the champion.

I'm guessing this isn't normal. I'm guessing that most of YOU did NOT play this game.

I'm guessing that 'Manner Guru' is right and I shouldn't scare the crap out of people.

So, I'm writing in to the magazine and inviting that Mom to a sleepover, you start the timer...


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol you seriously just cracked me up!!! I hate it when people are wimps about things... suck it up! it's gonna hurt... if you can't even hear about it then why the hell are you popping out a kid in a few months?

I didn't play that game but I wish I would have! lol

Matt said...

I cannot even tell you how glad this post makes me be to be a boy.

Seriously, the beginning was hard to read.

Furry Bottoms said...

Awwww!!!! You wrote about torn vaginas and hurting pangs and the horrors of giving birth and going poopoo and then you had to end it with that adorable picture of a newborn! All I can say is AWWWW it is exactly like what my mom always say. Yes, it hurts, yes it is hard, but in the end it is all SO worth it. Just look at that little face!

Janice Likes... said...

HOLLLLLY! hahaah I already know all that stuff and that's why I don't plan on having a child- but if I do change my mind it will most def'n be a c-section.
But yeah seriously if you are about to have a baby you nee to know what is going on with your body! She is gonna have that child and be neglectful if she doesn't even want to take responsibility now

bernthis said...

Well what can I say here? I may not scare people but I the constant need to share so I say "u go gifl"

Unknown said...

Haha, I can't believe that guys can read my posts sometimes.

Umm, that is probably bad.

Janice, some would say Vaginal all the way, other C-Section. Depends how highly you hold your va-jay-jay.

Love you all!!!

P.S.- Didn't really know which picture I was going to post but now that I see it bigger than a thumbnail, my kid sure looked odd when he was born!!!

Juliana said...

You did it. I am so proud.

MEGandJEFF said...

Awesome!! I'm a nurse. I LUUUUURVE disgusting things! I absolutely delight in seeing how badly I can gross people out with my stories.

You rock!

P.S. People who don't want to know about the reality of birth are dumb.

anymommy said...

Okay, you are a little weird, but hilariously funny. I agree with you about birth, I love birth stories, the good, the bad and the absolutely disgusting. (and yeah, it's true, ACTUAL crap is involved.)

Furry Bottoms said...

Left something for you on my blog! Please come check it out!

bodoba said...

Hilarious! I wish I could scare people with my birth story with my daughter but it was too quick and uncomplicated. Thanks for the read!

Tim said...

I always thought the birthing room was like Fight Club in that no one was supposed to talk about it... except in there birth room there was a lot more blood and screaming than there was in Fight Club.

Millennium Housewife said...

I'm going to send my pregnant friends over to the first part of this blog - excellent advice. The second part....they may break heir waters laughing so that may be useful too..

Aurora Sisneros said...

Elective C Section. I'm just sayin. ;)