Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Just another reason people don't want to be seen with me.

Last night I taught kickboxing at 6pm and a butt and core class at 8pm. There was a yoga class at 7 and I decided that yoga could do my body could some good. I love yoga, used to take it ALL the time when I lived in L.A., but have not taken a yoga class in quite some time. I was hoping for a calmer, meditative class since I was a bit sore just from kickboxing. Normally, the calm classes, I stay completely away from, but that night, I could of used some relax time. This class was not calm, nor anywhere near relaxing. This was a push-up and handstand sort of yoga class and since some students know I teach, there was no wimpy modifications for me. I was going to bust out every one legged push-up and smile about it. In that aerobic room, the wall are all at weird angles. No 90 degree angle here and every wall but one is mirrored. Due to all the mirrored weird angles, no matter where you stand and where you look, you can always see yourself and other people. So, we were yogaing (Yeah, I just made that up.) along and the instructor starts using the real yoga term for things. If you have ever taken yoga, these terms are really ANOTHER LANGUAGE. I don't know that language. So, he's saying to do the uhhh, yashi-hookah-lookah-malama (made up) pose. I don't really know what to do and in our inverted position, I spot some chick in one of the mirrors that is easily within view to follow, so I don't look dumb. Every time I can't see the instructor, I'm following this girl. I notice that I have nothing to really worry about because everything she does, I do to about the same time. I'm golden! I've got this yoga stuff down!!

A few minutes later I notice me and that girl DON'T have things down. We ARE NOT doing what the class is doing. Of course I pick the wrong chick to copy! Why doesn't this girl do it right?! Is it her mission in life to make me look dumb? I look harder at this chick I'm following... I was following MYSELF!!!

Obviously I don't need any help to look dumb, I do that very well on my own.

Again, I understand if you guys don't want to hang out with me in public.

Than again, if brains aren't your thing, I've got this new yoga butt!

1 comment:

Janice Likes... said...

Ugh thanks!? ahah but your probably right about that