Thursday, April 23, 2009

I feel all over the place.

You know your old when your husband brings home a dust buster and you are so excited, people would think he brought home Jessica Simpson's wardrobe. I'm getting up there. It's a fact.

So that is what's new here, a dust buster.

My husband is officially not working and has been home for about three weeks. I was really nervous and equally excited for him to be finished with his job of ten years. I wasn't sure how we would do spending all day, every day together. I always loved weekends and the random day it snowed so hard, no one makes it into work, but constant days together was something we have not done before. I heard from my friends how they loved their husbands home but were ready for them to go into work when Monday hits, and I understood that at times, but so far, so good. Good actually doesn't describe it, in general, having him home the last few weeks has been GREAT! You forget how easy tasks were before you had a child until you get the opportunity to do them without kid in tow. Who knew the grocery store could be relaxing, standing in line almost meditative because you don't have a crying, toy throwing baby in your cart. YES, the grocery store has been nice! I wonder if I am subconsciencely forgetting items just to have an excuse to go back.

I also feel like I'm losing some of my ambition and passion for things. Sawyer's birthday party for example. I could not WAIT for June 1st to approach so I could start putting plans into action. I looked up bakeries around the area for cake, nailed down a theme, colors, thought about who we could invite, where it would be held, what food I wanted to serve. I was a little too excited to plan a birthday that was six months away. Now I need to get my butt into action and I have no desire. I don't feel like making invites, ordering a cake, reserving the party room. I'm just... blah. The crazy thing is, it seems like a lot of you feel the same too. I've read so many of your posts lately regarding a feeling of boredom, laziness, or just a mood my friend and I call, The Funk. or being in a funk. I might be in a funk. I guess that is why I haven't written much lately.

So what is the deal with our Funks and how do we get out? It must be in the water! Ugh!

On another note, I'm REALLY missing my friends in California. It's been too long since I've seen a lot of them and I'm having withdrawals. If you are reading this California friends, I miss you, A LOT! Each one of you have popped in my mind recently. One friend was in the car laughing at a joke I told to myself (because Kim, you would of thought I was HILARIOUS!), I'm at the grocery store (with you Janice) and want to keep shopping and keep shopping. Everytime I'm being funny-mean, Linds, you are just rolling on the floor with me laughing. I miss you guys and will try to come out there soon. Maybe you guys will get me out of my funk.

Until then, I'm going make out with my dust buster.

Love you all tons times tons to the tenth degree!!!

me.

1 comment:

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

Good luck with getting out of your "funk" as well!