Monday, April 6, 2009

Dear Sawyer: 10 Months!!!




Last week I read over my pregnancy journal I wrote in when I was pregnant with you. A few things really made me laugh and a few things did not... like throwing up everything! I noticed all of month nine is completely blank. No offense, but I was sooo over you being in there and ready for you to be out in the world with me. Life is so much better having you around and I'm makes me soo happy and so sad to say Happy ten months!!!! It's gone by incredibly fast!

I'm a little late with writing this letter. We have just been so busy over here, haven't we? Right now you are standing at one of your toys, looking at me, waving hi to yourself and yelling, "MMmmmmmAAAmmmaaaaaa!!!" I'm right here kiddo, I'll always be here for you, forever. You've gotten a little louder lately, and this new wave thing is pretty cute. We have been waving 'hi' to you FOREVER now and the way you perform this trick, it looks like you are waving me in. Really, I think it's you imitating our wave from your perspective, or waving to yourself. Damn, you are cute.

So, back to the busy. This month we were on a serious house hunt. I love where we live but I think we are growing out of it. We are busting at the seams. Yesterday we officially put everything 'baby' into your room and your room is jam packed. I can't wait to have a bigger place with extra rooms. I'm craving to put together a play room for you, with a chalkboard, and a painting station and a building station with legos and linkin logs. I love linkin logs, that might be my station. Anyway, in complete shock and surprise, we actually found a house we are in love with. It needs some minor TLC and I stupidly attached myself to a house that is not ours. In an effort to achieve ownership of this place, we listed our current house on the market and ever since I feel like all I do is clean. Cook, take care of you, clean and then clean again. We've had two showings so far, and one of them we had a ten minute warning. Now, I make sure the house is five work minutes away from being spotless. With all of this house mumbo-jumbo, I didn't get to write your 'Dear Sawyer' letter until now. I apologize sincerely.

Every month I fall more in love with you. Just last night I put you to bed and walked into the room saying, "I just LOVE him!" I don't know what you do, but you've got this spell over me and most other people. Everyone just loves you. You continue to love brunettes and stare at any dark haired pretty girl. At daddy's work party the other night, you stared at one of the girls he works with. Would not take your eyes off of her until the dark haired server walked by and then you got distracted by more prettiness. It cracks me up.

We had a weight issue with you at your nine month check up and the doctors wanted me to implement formula. I cried my eyes out not wanting to do it. Against every fiber in my being, we tried to give you some. You will have nothing to do with it, you swat the bottle, kick it, and in general show extreme hate towards that thing. Yay for you! Instead of fattening you through fake milk, I fatten up your food instead. You've seen a lot of egg yolk and avocado lately. A little drizzle of some olive oil in your veggies. Now, you eat whatever daddy and I do. Last night you had some of my Chipotle turkey burgers. You loved them! We even had some today for lunch and you chowed down. You like anything spicy and savory;a trend I hope continues! With all this yummy food, we think you gained almost two pounds in one month. I think that is pretty good and we will know for sure later this week at the doctors office.

You still do not want to crawl properly but you are now doing this army crawl thing. Elbows and belly, dragging yourself along. Keeping a low profile, perhaps, not wanting me to catch you inching towards something you are not suppose to touch. Daily, we hold your hands as you stand but one day this month, you took steps like walking was the most natural thing in the world. Now, you laugh every time you realize we are about to hold your hands and let you walk to wherever you desire. You've got amazing balance and I truly think you will take a few steps on your own before my next letter to you. Everyone said you would walk before you would crawl, and I think they all might be right!



You are for sure a mamas boy but lately you are showing some serious love for daddy. You laugh every time he comes into your view. You scream (in a happy sort of way) just to get his attention when you know he is near but not paying attention to you. You get out of control excited at times just to be in his arms. A few times I got a little teary eyed seeing you two together. Daddy was soooo happy to see you come into this world. You made some of his dreams come true just by being here and watching you return the love is actually beautiful.

In honor of your 10th month of being on earth, we took a swimming lesson with, who else, you buddy Ethan! We thought for sure you would cry the entire time. Shockingly, you seemed to like it a tiny bit. You splashed with one hand and dunked your own face a few times. So far, you love to roll around like the water is the floor. Of course, you don't feel the effects of sinking because I'm there holding you, so you continue to just roll on top of the water. The instructor laughed saying she's never seen that before. So, go you! Of course, that isn't quite the direction we want to take, but I'll happily accept rolling over versus screaming baby in water any day!!! Of course, these lessons are also in preparation for the boat trip we have coming soon. I'm SOOO excited for that trip, you have NO idea!

Like always, you are totally amazing, you are more and more fun everyday unless you happen to be teething that day, and in those days, I could possibly sell you on the black market, but your cuteness prevails.

I your guts!!!!

Until next time,

Your mommy