Monday, December 28, 2009

Sewing still sucks.

But I'm buying a sewing machine. I know, I told you I'm a nut job!

Okay, so remember all that trouble I had and how many days it took me to thread a needle and how I wanted to sock sewing in the face? (No? Recap here.)

Well, I still might give it a good punch in the nose but as much trouble as all that needle and thread crap is, cool things come out of frustration and fake curse words. It also doesn't help that I'm picky and want things that cost thousands of millions of dollars that you can make for like 5 cents and a sewing machine and patience. It's that patience thing I REALLY need to invest in!

Example: Crib bedding. Yeah, so baby two is on its little way and I want it to be a girl so I'm looking at girl stuff in case this thing inside me IS missing a penis (No, we don't know yet, I'm just wishful internet browsing.) and all the crib bedding I like cost more than most mortgages. It's outrageous!

So check out this one. I love the ruffles and girliness of it. I LOVE the crib skirt and the thickness of the bumper but. $1,900?! I don't think so.



And check out this one. I love how long and flowy the crib skirt is and how simple and elegant the color and fabric is. $816? I don't think so!


Okay, last one. Check it out, doesn't even look cute, you can't even SEE the crib bedding but they expect you to shell out, are you ready, $3,370.00!!!! Who does this?! Don't you people remember the amazing, exploding poop diapers that starts at about 3 months?! In no way am I going to set something down in $3,000 bedding that craps down it's leg and barfs without realizing it!



So, yeah, in no way am I going to PAY that kind of money, I would much rather make it myself but that means you guys are going to have to listen to me complain throughout the whole process. (Or you can band together and buy me one of the first two and I'll spare you the fake cursing...) No, really, don't buy them, you can feel like all of Africa for that kind of money. Point is, I'm buying a sewing machine and you can't stop me. Neener ,neener, ha ha.

Oh and check out how awesome I am. This post requires you all to comment and reassure me that I am indeed out of this world and a superstar sewer. I actually GOT the damn stocking done. It's done. It's done and people were't lying, that thing takes up your time. I'll say easily about 75 hours of sewing went into this thing. Nutso. Don't try that at home boys and girls.




Don't let the details go unnoticed. Everything is stuffed or 3-D. The face is hand stitched (Is that the right lingo?) and even the BACK of Santa is finished and 3-D. Crazy huh? (Don't forget to tell me how awesome I am.)


The two ornaments at the bottom and attaching the front to back took eight hours in a row. EIGHT! Doesn't it kinda look like an iceskating outfit threw up on Christmas and this is the outcome?! I love SEQUINS! (Oh yeah, in case I have not mentioned it, don't forget to tell me how totally rocking I am.)



A big thanks to Aurora at Green is the New Black and Jenny at Jenny's Australian Needleart Journey. Without tips from these two, this thing would be a pile of felt in my trashcan. I owe you guys a night of drinking!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah ummmm good luck with the sewing machine! You're a champ. One day i tried to sew a straight line and I looked like i was playing connect the dots. Good luck though! can't wait to see how it all turns out!

MEGandJEFF said...

This stocking proves a couple things:

a)You are stubborn. Stubborn is good.

b)You're talented, whether you think so or not.

c)You're sanity might be mildly in question..just sayin'! :)

On to the crib bedding: RE-diculous what some of that schtuff costs! Yikes! Best wishes in your sewing endeavours...one day I'll get my mom, the sewing goddess, to teach me how. Until that day..she can make me some cute crib bedding! HA!

Matt said...

You're a total superstar sewing machine!!!!

you can do this. There's another blogger in denver that has a sewing blog... http://iriemomma.wordpress.com/

she's a friend of mine. good luck!

jessikahsd said...

You are amazing - it would take me 75 years to sew that thing! Nice work!

meredith said...

okay, i'm not trying to blow sunshine up your butt, but holy crap, that stocking is awesome!! you are a sewing rockstar woman!!

i wish i could sew. i mean i can sew, but i wish i could make cool shit. and i wouldn't pay $3,000 for my bedding and i def wouldn't pee or poop in it!

Aurora Sisneros said...

CRAP on the bedding, NICE WORK on the stocking!

But I have to remind you that you have to make another one soon, so you better start now, dude!

fallgirly said...

I am so impressed. I have always wanted to learn to sew but I don't think I have the patience. Also that first set of bedding is TO DIE FOR! I want it!!!!!!! Fingers crossed for your lil one to have a vagina. How much longer till we find out?

Tracie said...

Oh my goodness! I had no idea the stocking was going to be THAT elaborate! Good job. Yes, you are awesome.

The Peach Tart said...

You are awesome and rocking. You did a great job and I have full confidence in your future sewing abilities.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome...realy great...I would call you an expert..or something like that...now go sew up one of those crib skirty things..or two..u can do it....just dont poo it..LOL..!!

Unknown said...

AD: I am WITH you! I actually TOOK a sewing class, went to the wrong one and left with an ugly pocket. A pocket. Oh God help me!

Meg: You ALWAYS make me laugh! I think you hit 'stubborn' on the head!

Matt: Going to check her out!

Everyone: Oh stop with the compliments... just kidding, DON'T! :)

I LOVE you guys!!!

Annie said...

it turned out fabulous!! i LOVE it!! you are talented lady! i can't believe it took forever to make ;)
best of luck with the sewing machine!

L said...

I love LOVEEE that first crib. It's beautiful. Sewing machines aren't so difficult once you get the hang of them :O)