Sunday, December 6, 2009

Denver: Get your act together!

True Story:

A few years back my brother went to visit his friend. He waved to the neighbor as he was walking to his friend's house. Friends of that neighbor saw some guy, my brother, wave to their girl and beat my brother up. I believe it was two against him and my brother isn't a big guy. They beat him so badly, they thought he was dead and threw him into bushes to die. My brother woke, had to of been in shock and proceeded to the friends house. When his friends girlfriend opened the door and saw the bloody mess standing before her asking for his buddy, she threw up. He was rushed to the hospital to have a tracheotomy so he could breath correctly and days later, facial reconstruction surgery to piece his face back together. He was lucky to survive.


Denver:


We live downtown, wee live blocks away from all major league sports events. We live a block away from a famous outdoor walking mall. From our balcony half a block away, we can see the hotel that the President of America stays while in Denver. Extremely fine dining, preppy little wine bars, and expensive little boutiques ARE our neighborhood. Horse drawn carriages pass our building front nightly to whisk away couples to a romantic night under the overhead twinkling lights but under the same twinkling lights darkness and bitter hate lurks.






I don't like hate.

Downtown Denver has been victim to numerous muggings recently. It's reported that most are racially motivated against whites and hispanics and the victim is picked at random. Most victims attacked have been white or hispanic men walking alone. One of the men arrested says in Denver Post (here and here), they wanted to send a message "to let people know, not to come downtown without their friends for protection."

So, your group is going to beat up on some innocent guy, I don't care what the hell your race or his race is, so you can send a message?! That's bull. These tough guys make me laugh. Can't get by in life without their crew. Who is really the weak one there huh? Their "crew" could care less about the individuals within that group, and would throw a person under a bus in a heartbeat. They do what other people say, they are followers, following loser scum bags and beating people until permanent facial damage is done.

Is it backwards that I feel more comfortable running an errand ALONE at night rather than sending Geoff?

This makes me laugh, "An affidavit released Friday by prosecutors said Kendall Austin told police his gang, the Black Gangster Disciples, and another gang known as the Rolling '60s Crips believe they 'own' the 1400 block of 19th Street."

My message to them:

Own? Really, OWN?! Where is your real estate? Show me the papers? You don't own crap, and your in MY hood now. We do OWN and legally. We don't NEED our friends for protection, we don't NEED a crew, we don't NEED to beat people up to prove ourselves. The weak are the ones who need. But if caught in the craziness of your quest to seem tough, on OUR quest to go to dinner, don't be surprised to find who carries a permit to carry a concealed. You'll sure be 'needing' then.


As cute as this place is, I don't get hate and I don't like when it effects people it shouldn't. I don't get people hurting other innocent people and an incident happened way too close to me to make this all too real. It amazes me that the person getting beat to death might be the doctor that saves this scum bags life two years later. It all makes me sick. Stay safe, watch out for yourself no matter who you are and spread good, it's freakin' CHRISTMAS for crying out loud!

10 comments:

Mango Girl said...

What a post! I watched "Gangland" on t.v. yesterday. These thugs don't think like normal human beings. I don't understand...can't comprehend. It takes so much energy to hate, it leaves nothing left for the good in life. I wish all the gangsta's would move to one place and beat each other into oblivion and leave the rest of humanity alone.

bodoba said...

Ummmm....wow. I grew up in a town where there was a population that was 75% over the age of 65. There were 800 people in my town. I know live in what I consider a city of 50,000 people but apparently here that is also just a small community.

Everything bad that can happen in a city to a woman has happened to me in the few times I've lived in a city. I've been knifed, raped, abused, pressured and beaten. I refuse to live in cities. I'm married to a cop and I still just don't think it's worth it to live in dense populations.

I'm so glad you have spirit and are able to live in a city.

Tracie said...

That is horrible! I had no idea this is going on in Denver. My FIL and his wife live in the Denver area. I was under the impression that the city is squeaky clean and full of granola eating skiiers.

Unknown said...

Bodoba: I'm so sorry all that stuff happened to you. Don't some people SUCK?

Mango Girl: I totally agree, let the gangster killers get together and kill themselves off! Don't mess with someone that didn't do a thing to you. That is just not okay.

Kys: "Granola eating skiers" LOL Some snowboards would get REALLY upset with that comment, you didn't include the boarders! (I'm a skier!) :)

Diva's Thoughts said...

I absolutely hate violence. Especially against the innocent.

These gang people have such a warmped sense of reality. It sickens me.

Juliana said...

Holly, I think of your brother everytime they show this crap on tv. It makes me soooo upset.

The Peach Tart said...

So sorry to hear about what happened to your poor brother.

Atlanta has a horrific crime rate in the inner city too primarily black against white and hispanic as well.

MEGandJEFF said...

Wow. That someone could truly think that that is ok...I don't even have words, and my blood is boiling! I have to say..good for you & the concealed..it's the way to go! Also, I'm so glad that your brother made it out of that situation alive...

Maggie May said...

big deep breath here...the sadness of things is heavier at times.

L said...

I will never understand how people think that this is okay. If it happens to someone they care about there's a huge uproar, but they can turn around and do it to someone else?