Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cats versus Sawyer

So you know that house that we love and are under contract with and HAVE been under contract with since AUGUST?! The one with the deer walking across our driveway, views to die for, plenty of land to play on, a house with 6 bedrooms?! SIX! It. Is. HUGE! And we love it?! Did I mention we LOVE it?

Umm, Geoff met the neighbor last weekend...



But we ain't afraid of no cats.

Lets get something straight, I've never been against the baby leash. I know some people think they are degrading, a little animal like, but not me. Oh no, I've just thought I would make them a little BETTER, you know, adapt it to our lifestyle.



Oh, and mountain lion proof, I just have to make sure the kid never trips... EVER. In that yard. Or any of the bedrooms. Cause there also isn't a hospital for miles and miles.

7 comments:

Juliana said...

I remember being on the phone with a friend when I came back to visit my parents in Boulder during college. I had to get off the phone because a black bear was walking down our sideway. Gotta love CO.

Oh...I just gave you an award over on my blog. oxox

Matt said...

Wait. Where is this at?

there are mountain lions in this state?

get out of here.

MEGandJEFF said...

hahaha...wow! And I thought my neighbors had potential to be dangerous! I say stick the kids in a giant hamster ball..your very own bubble boy!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

Some babies need leashes. They just do.

Babe in Babeland said...

I thought I was against the baby leash, but I don't think so anymore. Living in NYC and having a VERY active little walker now...I am definitely going to get something!!

Unknown said...

Jewels, a bear? That is awesome! Guess the previous owners have seen MANY mountain lions and Bears. The bears don't scare me as much but they would be awesome to see fro a window!

Matt: Golden, more correctly, Gilpin County. It's GORGEOUS!

Meg: Totally into the hamster wheel!

Chelsea: I agree

Babe: Want me to make you one with spikes too?

Aurora Sisneros said...

HA HA HA!

Ok, first, I been gone awhile, and catching up on all your posts. Love it!

Second, I am assuming Geoff took the footage of the mountain lion. WTF???? I would be RUNNING AWAY flailing my arms over my head like a psycho.

Don't get me wrong: I LOVE camping and shiz, but YO - I live in the city ON PURPOSE to prevent becoming part of the food chain by a wild animal! I'm such a pussy that I get GOOSEBUMPS when I run by the Denver Zoo on my 6AM run in the park with my dog, eyeballs PEELED, CONVINCED something escaped and is going to eat me.

Third, I am SO down with the leash idea. I've babysat before, and to catch a child, you must somehow RUN in a BENT OVER position in order to grab them. That is goddam hard!!! Plus, I probably look like a dumbass running like that. AND, I am lazy, so the leash would take care of all of that!

And, the spikes are a GREAT accessory - functional AND fashionable! Nice work!