Monday, October 12, 2009

It's a National Geographic in my Uterus

Alright, when my husband and I decided to start trying, I prepared myself for some Hell. Sawyer was a pretty easy pregnancy compared to a few other friends I have, but pregnancy with him was not an event I wanted to re-live over and over. At the beginning I was sick. Looking back, I'll say I was pretty damn sick. A menu would make me vomit. I would park my car in a parking lot knowing that if I needed to run behind it and throw up, there weren't going to be too many people to witness. I would find the restroom first no matter where I was at because soon I would be running towards it with contents of my stomach escaping. I think that lasted from week six or seven to week fifteen or sixteen. Scents would send me running. I was sure that I would miss my alcoholic drink at dinner but realized even the thought of it, let alone the scent would, you guessed it, make me vomit. Throwing up is not fun.

I prepared myself for a lot of throw up.

So far, I have not thrown up, or felt the need to. Once or twice, the smell of something didn't hit my stomach right, but not a big deal compared to the days the most important thing in my purse was a stack of barf bags stolen from an aircraft. (Thanks United.)

Questions for my O.B.:

1- Was I really suppose to show this fast?!?! My friend who is prego and tall and skinny and beautiful (Don't you hate her already?) said she swears she started showing at TEN weeks! I'm short and well, short and, okay, screw descriptions, but I'm only EIGHT weeks and I look like I did at 20 weeks last time?!?!

2- If this is not normal, what is in there? A black bear? A rhino? If it is a dangerous animal, how do we get it out? Should I schedule a C-Section now? Are rhino's born with those horns on their nose?! Do you know what that can do to my vagina?!?!

3- You didn't give me much wiggle room with only a 15-20 pound weight gain. Can I ask for a higher number? Do you accept bribes? HAVE YOU SEEN MY UTERUS, I think it's been watching too much Jon and Kate plus 8!!!

4- Can you tell my uterus to chill it's grill but NOT if it's going to make me vomit.

5- Last but not least, why the hell does Sam Adams Octoberfest smell so damn good? Can you give me a prescription to fix that?! So far I'm eying people in restaurants and sniffing drinks and it's getting a little embarrassing. Sniffing drinks is okay, I just can't consume them right cause baby Rhino wants a drink!



And now onto the tummy with a mind of it's own: AKA: What the hell happened, I don't even know you anymore!!!

At almost 6 weeks. I know there is some boobage (Good thing I have mostly ladies on here, fellas, divert your eyes if you hung in this long). I was going to retake the picture a week later thinking it would look the same, and, ummm, I was mistaken. So, I guess this becomes the official 'before rhino' picture.




And at week 8:




That's what I get for thinking all the people that said they were showing at week 7 were liars.

Baby number two is NOT messing around.

18 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Wow, that is some belly for 8 weeks! It could be because of the way the baby wants to hang. Besides you're short and TINY... there's not exactly any pre-pooch for it to hide in. Your OB would know more! But I am so excited for you! :)

BTW, don't tell me you feel its a rhino because it could be mean a boy!

Annie said...

you are so tiny, maybe that's why babe is showing more. you have an adorable belly though ;)

SweetPeaSurry said...

MY GOD ... you are HUGE!!! They're going to have to airlift you off your roof pretty soon just to GET to the OB!!! What the HELL happened to your stomach!!!?

HAH ... just kidding! That's a cute lil rhino you got growin inside ya ... I think 'baby bear' would be cuter ... considering it's kin and all, and really ... who wants to be called 'rhino baby'? NO ONE!!!

I'm sure you're perfectly normal, I think 'Flour' had it right ... in that the second one shows more quickly ... well for two reasons, one it's a 'Baby Bear' and two 'you've already BEEN THERE DONE THAT'

Concentrate on the awesomeness that is NOT barfing girl ... and give baby bear a rubadubdub for me!!!

Brightest lights and blessings!

fallgirly said...

WHoa girl. First of all that before picture is effing fantastic! And second I can't get over how much 2 weeks did! CRAZY!! I'm so excited to share your journey with you, maybe I'll do it in a year so we can keep up this tradition!

Maggie May said...

YOu look HOT!!! I am excited you are pregnant :")

Maggie May said...

ps i love the very cool futuristic look of that room and the oversized mountain pics!!

MEGandJEFF said...

hahahahaha :) This is JUST the laugh I needed tonight!!!

a) I'm glad you're not nearly as nauseous..it gives me hope for next time!

b)Cracking me up w/ the Octoberfest comment...I'm currently missing my drinks, my coffee, my sushi...aghhhh!!!

c) I agree w/ everyone else: your 'before' pic looks amazing...& your 'after' pic looks damn cute..it's a toned bump!

Happy Thoughts!

The Peach Tart said...

What a cute little baby bump.

Anonymous said...

awww you are too cute! and so tiny!!! what if it's twins?! I totally want twins because I want three kids and why not bust two out at one time..? You know... only go through it all once?

bodoba said...

I agree I'll add to your paranoia and say, what if it's twins?!? I'll be so excited for you if it's twins,....oh or triplets!

Aurora Sisneros said...

Um, so I have ZERO experience with pregnancy. Well, except for the time I was watching a What Not To Wear marathon, and then afterward, some baby birthing show came on and I watched it with mouth open like 'WTF!', but couldn't bring myself to change it even tho it was sorta like watching a horror film. ;)

So, since my opinion doesn't have any bearing here since I have no idea what the F I am talking about, let me just say that that belly is DAMN cute, and you should be SO excited about your little growth! I am super friggin stoked for you guys!!

BTW, you better name him Rhino.

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! 'Toned bump' haven't heard that one before! Too funny! Yeah, I know, enormous, I think at some point, I'll need some airlifting, this growth is crazy!!

AD and Bodoba, you two are nuts! NOT TWINS! Haha. I wouldn't mind though... as long as a nanny popped out along with them! We already had our ultrasound there was only one, then again, the doctor seemed pretty new. Hmmmm....

G. B. Miller said...

Well....

Well....

To quote Monty Python: I have a theory, which is mine and mine alone.

However, I will say this: This should be interesting to follow.

JennyMac said...

you look great!!! And all my gf's with two or more said the second shows in about 2 weeks. LOL.

Unknown said...

Wow! Good luck! I hope it's not a rhino. Sadly my stomach looks like the second picture and I'm not preggers. Employment sucks- I'm too sedentary.

Hit 40 said...

What the heck are you growing in there?? In 2 weeks you popped out?? WOW!!

Laura aka LaLaGirl said...

OMG! I didn't realize you were expecting again! Congratulations!! Yay!

Juliana said...

You look amazing and I am so happy for you! SO happy!