Saturday, October 24, 2009

Baby Rhino Update

I feel like I suck at things lately.

There are bits of food on the floor that won't come off with a swipe of the broom because they have been there too long. I'm just too tired to sweep every five minutes and when you have a one year old, you must sweep every five minutes.

I freaked out and planned an emergency coffee break in lieu of our Moms Club Meeting because the meeting was the next day and I didn't even realize it... then someone wrote me saying that the meeting was actually next week. I was looking at the wrong month.

I've been too tired to do anything but day dream about naps and food and sometimes when I am actually ABLE to get a nap in, I'm too busy thinking about food. Once it was so bad, I almost got up to check the cost of flights to the nearest Trader Joe's. Hear that, we don't have a Trader Joe's and it's ruining my life. I'm a little too off my rocker to realize that booking a flight just to go to a grocery store is a little nuts and only stop myself because we are saving money for a house.

Speaking of 'house', there is still no news. I thought pregnancy hormones were going to make me nuts and completely impatient and while they may have made me nuts, on the flip side I am incredibly patient (unless it comes to sleep or food) and can totally play the waiting game for this house. I think it also has something to do with me not feeling so hot now (I know, point, laugh, say you told me so.) yes, I've thrown up, but that hasn't been too bad, it's these headaches that don't go away for days, DAYS! I'm jJust not in a clean house, decorate house, pack house sort of state (Or proof read state I guess. Did you see that jJust?!) . So, I'll wait until the next crazy hormones kick in, those 'nesting' ones.

I'm fat. Remember those headaches I was talking about? They hampered everything and I realized the only way to keep them at bay is to eat before I start to get even 1/4 hungry. Basically I eat every hour. It's pathetic and my fat pants are already fitting me snugly. Hi weight gain, my name is Holly, I think we are going to be close friends...

I'm not complaining. I'm extremely happy and feel extremely thankful... and pretty scared. I have had several friends go through miscarriages lately that have not told anyone else. I think more moms lose a baby than we realize and it makes me feel that I have a high chance of losing this one. It scares me. I cry each time I hear these stories, I'm sooo incredibly sad for these mommies. I can't imagine the pain and there is no right thing to say. So, I'm incredibly thankful to be able to feel the pregnancy headaches, the thighs rub together, the crumbs on the hardwood floor and the desire to book flights for a shopping trip, I'm thankful. Thank you Rhino, stay in there!!!

4 comments:

Juliana said...

Glad to read an update on your life. Hope this baby is super happy and healthy just like Swayer!

SweetPeaSurry said...

Thanks for the update girl! You just hang in there alright, it's tough now ... but I'm sure it'll get better! (Well I'm not sure ... because I'm all about having four-legged kids ya know?)

We're all here for you to vent at ... and throw up at ... and eat with ... and be generally grumpy and pissy with. No worries!!!

Rhino-babe, you just keep yourself tucked right up in there for us!

Blessings!

Tracie said...

Hang in there! I'm gaining weight, tired, and my house is a mess and I'm not pregnant. I hope your headaches ease up and a Trader Joe's opens in your town soon!

bodoba said...

That's why we have husbands when we're pregnant. So they can clean up messy houses and watch other children so that we can nap and possibly sleep eat.