Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ingrid Michaelson

If you aren't an Ingrid Michaelson fan, you either need to be or have WAY different musical taste than I do.

I found her on myspace before Geoff and I were even officially 'boyfriend, girlfriend' on like page 30 of unknown artists and fell in love with her. I sent Geoff her Rogaine song (Who I am) in hopes it would make him love me, instead he asked "Am I going bald in the back?" So, some things don't go as planned but I won the boy and I'm sooo happy she has taken off!

I saw her last night for the second time in Denver. Last year she was great but last night she blew me away. I think it had to do with her only getting two hours of sleep after flying in from New York. The girl didn't care what she said on stage and we were cracking up.

This video isn't from Denver but it's my all time favorite song right now. I think I've heard this song over a hundred times thanks to repeat and the car CD player and was SOOO happy she sang this last night...



P.S. In case you are lyricly declined like I am, it's not "and glide away on soapy hills" though you would glide nicely on soapy lathered up hills but rather "and glide away and so be healed", now go forth and love her too.

8 comments:

Tracie said...

I'm hopelessly out of touch with musicians these days and never heard of her before. She is really talented. I like this song.

Woman with Kids said...

Love love love her. With extra love on top.

MEGandJEFF said...

I absolutely adore (yes, adore!) Ingrid Miachaelson..& the 'Rogaine' song is one one of my favorites :) Good song to start my morning laundry with..thanks, girly!

Annie said...

i really like her too!

Becky HIll said...

It was a night to remember for sure!! Glad we could share it!

Unknown said...

Love her voice!

Diva's Thoughts said...

I never heard of her before but I will be paying more attention to her.

G. B. Miller said...

I think she's got a good voice. I caught a video of hers on MTVU the other night.