Saturday, June 11, 2011

Major Life Decision: Cursing

I'm not one to curse. In college, people would seriously offer me $5.00 to say the F-word. I just don't FEEL it. It just isn't natural. I don't care and am in no way offended when others throw the F-bomb around but it just isn't my style...

Until recently.

I feel like I have SOOOO much going on. I'm soooo busy and maybe a little stressed that when the smallest thing goes wrong turning a five minute task into a two hour job, I just want to SCREAM

the F-word.

So, should I take up cursing?

Example-

Yesterday Charlotte choked on a piece of banana and it freaked her out enough to cry for an hour straight. Her crying got Sawyer crying. I had two screaming kids. I gave them a bath to stop the screaming and Charlotte pooped in hers. I pulled her baby bath full of water and poop out of the big bath Sawyer was in and got her dressed. While in Charlotte's room, Sawyer filled Charlotte's bath that is now sitting on the bathroom floor up with water until it overflowed and poop filled water was all over the bathroom. Pulled Sawyer out, he cried for an hour until he found his blanket while I scrubbed every inch of that bathroom until it was all shit (oops, see, there it is!) free again.

We had to be in Denver for a doctor's appointment at noon so I packed up the kids, drove down the canyon, threw them in the double jogger and went for a run.

Because if anything was going to fix my morning, it was a nice run.

And now it's time for a letter:

Dear Cyclists-

I was jogging, pushing both my kids in a double stroller up hills on the widest path I've ever seen. You two were the second set of people to pass me in the 30 minutes I've been running at that point (And end up being the last people to pass me on that hour run). THE PATH WAS NOT BUSY. THE PATH IS VERY WIDE. I stayed to the right so anyone faster than me could pass me with no problems. Running is my release. It makes me happy, it makes me healthy, it gives me a little break from being a mommy and if I want my fucking music turned up, I can turn my fucking music up.

The wind was against us. I couldn't hear you very well while you were right next to me screaming without ANY music on so you think I could hear you when you were BEHIND me yelling into the wind. No chance. And, though none of your damn business, my music WASN'T very loud because I like to be able to hear my kids in case one started crying!

So don't you fucking tell me to run without music so I can hear you better. You had plenty of room to pass me, you were yelling into the wind on this super wide, non-busy path.

Next time to clear up the road, I'll sit on my ass all day, get fatter by the minute and let YOU pay my medical bills.

Because God forbid I turn my shitty morning around on a healthy run.

Fuckers.



So, yeah, I think I'm going to take up cursing. Thoughts?

16 comments:

Driscoll Duo said...

lmao.

G. B. Miller said...

Sometimes it really does pay to let loose with a select adjective or two.

Or three.

Perhaps you can write a post on the hazards of being a jogger. Might become your most popular post ever.

Diva's Thoughts said...

Feels good to say it doesn't it? lol

Crystal Escobar said...

Oh my goodness, that poop bath story is hilarious! That definitely calls for a cuss word or two :)

XLMIC said...

O my gosh... i would totally haul out the swear words!

Ginger said...

OK but, how do you really feel? lol!

I don't think anyone is going to blame you for cursing after a day like that.!

Just let it all out!,

Eat Pray Run Lose Love said...

Swearing always makes situations like that better. You know the way I see it, better to swear a blue streak than throw something hard between their spokes right? Much safer for all to swear.

stephanie said...

sometimes the situation just calls for the f-bomb :)

Unknown said...

It felt so awesome to just let it out, let it ALL out!

Thanks for not making me feel so evil you guys!!!

wonderchris said...

You are a pro - love that you called them fuckers and kept it lowercase. Well played!!

Bobby, Jenny, Bryce and Leah said...

I dont spank, so I feel I'm entitled to swear =)

Launa said...

Gonna agree that sometimes a well placed word helps people get the point a little better. Sorry they were stupid as can be... and sorry you had a rough morning... hoping the rest of the day went a little better!!

NICKI said...

for a newbie, you do it damn well!

The Skinny Mom said...

Love it. However, with Sawyer being the age that he is, you may want to be careful throwing the f-bombs out there. Henry's favorite phrase now is "Shut up, Jack" -- Oops...too much of telling the dog to shut up when he was barking...

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Day-am! You hit the ground running with cursing. Are you sure you haven't had much practice??

;-)

Sorry you had such a frustrating day. But every mom needs a Poop Horror Story, don't you think?

melissasniff said...

oh my gosh. you are HYSTERICAL. I'm dying laughing over here :) I hear you on this though - there are some people who have made me want to take up cursing lately!!