Thursday, October 15, 2009

Jon and Kate Minus Show. Finally!

TLC announced they are pulling the plug on Jon and Kate.

I think I actually said "YES!" out loud.

I'll admit, I'm a Jon and Kate viewer. I haven't seen it too often lately because now that they film separately, the show is too damn boring. My favorite part was hoping Kate would be nice, and then hating her when she wasn't. I always felt bad for Jon and told my husband that I promised to NEVER treat him so horribly. I knew divorce was near. I wondered how long they could hold out lying long before people threw out the 'lying' word. I mean, they couldn't even kiss each other. Can you imagine NEVER kissing your spouse? Things were wrong. I felt bad for the kids and still do but could not turn my head from the train wreck.

Then, reports were out they were separating. I couldn't believe all the people so blind to their loveless marriage surprised they were going their separate ways. Do people think this marriage is normal, that their relationship is okay? I don't care what role an individual takes in a marriage, there is no room for disrespect. Jon and Kate began to film separately and Kate was coming on out top. Jon was acting like an idiot and Kate didn't have any more words in her vocabulary besides "for the kids". For the kids? Really?! All this is for the kids?! Though rumors, Kate's backstory is interesting. A fallout from a family that tried to support her in any way possible including offering her donated cribs from the church her dad is a part of only to have Kate deny them, I mean, they didn't match. What bastards, giving her cribs that don't match! It seemed she wanted so much, wanted to be seen as classy when her actions proved anything but. I don't care how well you answer questions, actions speak louder than words and this whole story is a lot less classy than the People of Walmart pics.

Kate claims filming the show supports her family. Did she think the show would last forever?

Dear TLC: Keep them OFF THE AIR! I don't think filming has ruined their family, I'm sure they were doomed from the beginning. No one needs to see them, their kids need some normalcy and Jon and Kate need a healthy dose of reality. A really LONG healthy dose.

I will, however, clear my schedule in five or ten years for E's True Hollywood Story...

Gosslins, see you on the flip side!

14 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

There you go!

Driscoll Duo said...

Awwh, I like the show. :( this actually makes me sad. I dont give a crap about Jon or Kate...they are dumb; I just like to watch the kids grow up...they are SO cute!

fallgirly said...

I couldn't agree more. I started watching reruns and new episodes when I found out I was pregnant...you know, trying to observe those little people before the one in my belly popped out. I fell in love with them and watched all the time until they started filming seperately and it got boring. I am so glad they're pulling the plug!

The Peach Tart said...

Now if we just keep the media from covering them. I'd never even heard of them before they broke up and I can't wait to never hear about them again.

Aurora Sisneros said...

OK, apologies for my long comment rant here. I personally think this situation is very common (have several friends that are divorcing with young kids like this) - and here is my long-ass explanation why!

Boy meets girl. They fall in love. They have an idealistic view of marriage. Even though the relationship is not perfect, they can ignore those things because both have hope for their future. Both thinks that the other will grow and 'settle down' with time.

She is excited to get a ring! He is excited to ask! They both have something to look forward to.

Now they get to plan a wedding - how fun! Again, they both have something to look forward to.

Yay, time to have kids! This is a VERY AMAZING time in any couples life. They STILL have something to look forward to.

Now the kids are a little older, life is stressed more than before, and you've hit all your milestones. There are no more goals; no more planning; just sitting, talking, enjoying life.

This is when you realize that you don't really ENJOY the person that you married. It was OK to overlook that stuff to GET to the milestones, but now that they've all been reached, you feel unsatisfied.

I am a divorcee, so I think I have a clearer vision into this than most. All I can say is, in order to have an enlightened relationship, you must accept the other person 100% for who they are.

And NOT give them a $5 a day budget if they are natural spenders! ;) Gheesh, Kate!

Jenny said...

O.M.G.... Holly I know you blogged about something, but I can't for the life of me remember one word. Sorry. You put that link to the Walmart photos, and it's all I can think about now! That has got to be the most horrifying/ hilarious/ redneck-joke-intro/ gag-reflex inducing confirmation of why I will never shop at Walmart!!! LMAO, seriously! All I can think about is how many of these people walk among us. I'm staring at people I drive by and wondering if the're wearing camo cutoff shorts and fishnents behind the wheel. Scary! And that is ALL the inspiration I will ever need to get my ass out to the gym... thanks!
Oh, and P.S. You realize this means there is a real market for our clothing line (aka the rejected trial-and-error Broadway musical and Icecapade costumes we've been thinking about)! We already have the creative fashion sense and budget ($15?) to come up with plenty of winter season designs. We just need an hour to staple/tie/stitch them together. I'm pretty sure we can make a few dreams come true this Christmas! ;) You totally made my day!

Unknown said...

Aurora- I thought the whole time we were looking forward to the rascals moving out? No? Geoff and I are excited to have kids but we are also excited to kick them out and live on a boat... naked!

Jenny- I know, aren't those pics funny? Geoff introduced me to them and since then, I've seen them everywhere!

A Day in the Life- I know, it's really sad for the kids, but Jon and Kate are morons and though Jon seems more moronic right now, I still think Kate is just as much if not more to blame. Jon said he never even wanted kids. Sooo sad!

Woman with Kids said...

I used to watch the show; those kids are adorable. And I'm hesitant to believe rumors about the cribs and such. She seems pretty frugal... Also? She did behave badly, did not treat her husband well, but having been married to a man who did nothing unless he was asked, begged, forced to and would then tell me all I had to do was ask if I needed help... I have some sympathies for her. I didn't need help, these are your kids too and your responsbility too. Move yer bum and get involved.

Tracie said...

I watched way back when TLC just did specials on them. (Before they were a full-fledged series.) It was kind of fascinating. Kate worked 12 hour shifts on Saturdays as a nurse to bring in extra money. She was alone with all the kids during the week. They took the whole gang to church on Sundays. Normal family stuff with lots of cute kiddos.

Then they got the series and the babysitters. And then they both quit their jobs. The move to the new house, etc, etc. Not so much normal family stuff anymore.

I do feel bad for the kids of course. As for them - he is a douche and she is probably still a witch. She just chooses to portray herself in a different light post-split.

G. B. Miller said...

Last episode I watched was when they were announcing their divorce.

However, for the past couple of seasons, the show really did wear on me.

Jon always looked like he was bored to tears, and Kate looked perpetually pissed.

Unknown said...

Never watched the show but didn't have anything against it until they announced they were divorcing and that they would still continue. REALLY? How horrible to even think about keeping the cameras rolling while these poor kids dealt with the divorce.

bernthis said...

they are both gross and should be ashamed of themselves. He really really pisses me off but she is no better. I agree, toss them off the air and be done with them

Anonymous said...

You are so right! I don't really watch it that much but I'm so done with all the drama! And they are just feeding into it with all the interviews... next thing you know they'll be sending one of their kids up in the sky in a hot air balloon and saying ooopss? he was in the attic?

Diva's Thoughts said...

I am so with you. Jon and Kat Plus 8 has gotten boring and they really need to cancel this show.

On another note..... Thanks for the people of walmant link!! LOVE IT!!! lol