Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy 4th!



I wanted to wish you all a happy 4th of July while I could. We are headed to the mountains to camp. Forecast calls for rain and severe thunder storms and my husband wonders why I was asking where our long underwear is. Wish us luck, have a good one and drink lots of beer!!!

P.S. - I started on our vacation post part 2 but my computer battery is no longer doing it's job, my laptop needs to be plugged in at all times and if I move in a way that unplugs the cord from my computer, the computer shuts down and I get all annoyed and do something else, so thanks for your patience.

P.S. 2 - I'm finally getting caught up with your blogs and trying to comment when I can, but then said computer shuts down and I don't go back to it, but it's good to get caught up with you all again!

P.S. 3 - The tan is wearing off. Boo.

P.S. 4 - I almost wrote a really angry post about that stupid weight gain curve for babies. Sawyer had his doctors appointment yesterday and had to have a catheter inserted to get a urine sample, blood taken, and his shots all in one day. He gained two pounds in one month but THEY still want to do tests to see why he isn't keeping up with obese americans. I stopped myself when curse words were actually running though my head. I don't curse, so this was bad and I stopped myself from polluting the internets with negativity. Sawyer cried harder than I have ever heard him in his life and tears were running down my eyes the entire appointment. The nurses had to keep saying, "You're doing great MOM". How embarrassing.

P.S. 5- Oh, I forgot, ANOTHER reason I haven't been good with posting is...I'm really excited about this, I am now officially president of my moms club and have had a bunch to do. Meeting with the last prez, learning the ropes, going through paperwork (and there is A LOT of paperwork), finding new board members, emailing new members, putting together a newsletter, figuring out monthy meetings, speakers, themes, and so forth. Who knew this could be so much work? I think once I get into the swing of things, it's going to be a blast! Actually, it's already fun.

Okay, I'm done with all the P.S. stuff. Love you all and I'll be back Monday!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me? Our friend's baby was OBESE--weighed 33 pound when he was 1. Sumo rolls upon sumo rolls and his doctors didn't freaked. Just said he was a big kid (still is) but grew up and out of it!

G. B. Miller said...

Wow.

In all seriousness, it sounds like you have a problem with the jack connector.

Had the exact same thing with mine as you do with yours.

$400 later, good as new.

Hope you have an excellent time camping.