Monday, July 20, 2009

Wearing Cardboard

All I did was say 'no' and she looked at me in disgust. Seriously. I'm thinking, you work at a bra shop lady, what's so bad about a girls boobs sans wire?!?!

I wasn't wearing a bra and honestly I don't wear one very often.

They are annoying, they aren't that comfy and when your boobs go from a pretty sweet accessory to only noticing them through a microscope, you would go braless too.

I wouldn't of even been in there if my husband didn't give me slight push. "Babe," he says looking down at my chest, "you don't have to stuff, you know I love you just as you are."

You are my husband, you should, but did you just say "stuff"?

"I don't STUFF! I never have! I've always been comfortable in my own skin, YOU KNOW THAT!"

Fine, so I did wear a bra, sometimes. AND, when I did wear one it was only because I had to. He had a right to mention the 'stuffing' thing. I mean, when I wore a bra, I wore my old ones and they were so big it was like waring two cardboard boxes on my chest tied around my back and neck with some rope. Did I mention bra's suck?

So, he said I should go get some new ones, and I did. Well I was trying to until Miss Bra Snood of the world looked at me like it was a travesty that I wasn't wearing one.

I mean, really? Get over it. I thought all the cool people were doing it.

Jennifer Aniston



Cameron Diaz




So why can't I?

Me-"I need to be measured, I have no idea what size I am."

Bra Snood- "Well, what size is your last bra"

Me- "Size big. It's too big, hence me not wearing one." DUH

Bra Snood- "BUT WHAT SIZE?"

I'm really not her biggest fan.

She measured me and I was on my way to the fitting room with a box of bras. A box. Do you know how many bra's come in a BOX?!?! Neither do I! After tying on about 50 and seeing the same thing over and over again, boobies in a lace prison, I was over it.

I just grabbed one.

Me with bra-ish thing in hand- "This one. "

Her: " Ahhh, is that the one, like THE one."

She was way too excited. Is this like a wedding dress or something, it's a damn bra and if you keep it up, I'll continue to go braless, run in your store and do jumping jacks, just hand me the bra and let me be on my way. I don't even LIKE bras!

I think she got my drift by the look on my face, but she held my hand and rushed me over to the bra 'section' to pick colors. Like, isn't this whole damn store a BRA SECTION?!?! I guess not, because EACH bra has it's own 'section' with sizes, and strap colors and material selection. I don't even have this big of a closet and all this space is dedicated to ONE BRA?!?!

After the whole thing, they didn't even have that bra in my size, in the whole freakin' SECTION, AND no, they don't sell the ones in the box, those are just for trying on. Those are are so everyone can squeeze their knockers into the same bra before purchasing a BRAND NEW SHINY, HAPPY BRA.

Awesome, all this for nothing.


So, I'm back to the cardboard boxes.

15 comments:

Matt said...

screw it, lets burn our bra's!

You know, if either of us had some to burn.

Hit 40 said...

Oh my heavens!! Could they at least order the bra for you?? This is just awful. I hate trying on bras, jeans, anything. To find something that fits.... then not be allowed to buy it .... is just evil.

I also do not wear a bra. Kinda flat. Not worth playing the stuffing game anymore. Don't care. Hubby Loves Me!!!

Furry Bottoms said...

What if the lady who tried that bra on before you was leaking? Wouldn't that be gross?!!!

I NEED to get measured... but I don't get how I am supposed to just walk in and let the lady run her fingers over everything (recalling this scene from a movie) do you really have to be completely top-naked for that?

Millennium Housewife said...

This was LOL funny! Excellent post. We could compare cardboard boxes if you like, i have a nice pot noodle logo number you might like..

G. B. Miller said...

Oooooookkaaaaaaay......

SweetPeaSurry said...

that saleslady is the stuff that crazy is made up of! if my knockers weren't so UBER arse huge, i would go braless as well, as it is ... i need a damned sleep bra. i'm all about being bound up like a mummy whilst sleeping ... it's soooo comfy!

i don't blame your hatred of bra-lady or bra shopping for that matter. i hate it too! it's a CURSE i tell you! a CURSE!

blessings on you and your braless b-lettes. you're loverly just the way you are!

MEGandJEFF said...

Sports bras, baby...only way to go! Granted, they make me look even MORE flat chested than I already am (which is damn hard to do). But they keep me comfy at work. At the gym..basically everywhere. But I'm with ya on the no-bra thing...free the boobies!

Unknown said...

You. Are. Hilarious. If I didn't bounce, I would go without. :-)

Millennium Housewife said...

Just over to say huge thanks for following my blog! Really touched, cheers! x

JennyMac said...

I am still laughing over "you don't have to stuff". HAHAHA.

Juliana said...

You always make me laugh. My problem is those HUGE boobies I had during pregnancy...now sagging bags that frown. Kind of like a really bad National Geo doc. Sad. If I did not wear a bra, I fear I may trip over them.

Paula said...

I was anti-bra for a longtime, especially after several bad VS experiences and wearing their miserable bras that made me madder and madder as the day went on, only to have me rip them off and throw them all in the trash. I am very flat chested but wanted a little lift. May I suggest Calvin Klein. They are fantastic, I have 5 of them, and will never step foot in VS again. My 2 cents...

Babe in Babeland said...

I hate bras, too! I've been wearing them every single freaking day lately because I'm nursing, and I often use cream on them to sooth them. Oh what fun.

Good for you for rarely wearing bras! WOOHOOO!!!!!

Michelle said...

Well I just turned 26 and all of a sudden if I don't wear one I feel like a tramp when before I kind of just felt free spirited.

aging stinks.

AiringMyLaundry said...

I wish I could go without a bra. But I have TINY boobs so I need one to make it seem like I DO have boobs.