Friday, January 1, 2010

Sour Sally

Blah, blah, blah, happy new year. I'm kind of lame today, a little annoyed maybe, running low on patience, REALLY LOW ON PATIENCE am tired and feeling fat. Ugh.

Let me clarify. I'm incredibly lucky. I have an amazing husband with great abs, a cutie super smart son, the best and coolest friends, new diamond earrings (Did I tell you guys this?! They are gorgeous and HUGE! WOW!), I'm taken care of in every way. Things in my life in general could not be more perfect but can I just complain for a second?!

Short sales: rated S for STUPID.

They are the stupidest of stupid and I stick my tongue out at them.

We bid in August. It's now January.

Do you hear them? Do you hear them? I hear them... crickets.

Well, to be fair, we heard that the first lien holder approved. We now wait on the second. Guess they don't have much of a say but can hold up a sale and I'm sick of holding.

Speaking of holding, every time we get a hold of the sellers agent, he says, and I'm not joking, "Oh yeah, hey! Weird, I'm on hold with the bank for you RIGHT NOW! Call you back!"

And then do you know what we hear?

Crickets.

Like he is on hold for months. That is one expensive phone bill. I don't get it. If a bank in a foreclosure can approve a deal in a matter of minutes (and we know this, thanks to the Breck house), but how in the world does a bank take so dang long. The amount we bid under the listing price would of been made up in mortgages payments by US at this point.

We are having a baby in May and swear on Liza Minnelli, if they don't approve soon, I'm going to talk to Geoff about looking at other places OR we will just be squatters. Not only do I want to be squished in here with two kids, a husband and my hormones, but I think we have a renter that needs to be moved in Feb. 1st. The renter is GREAT news (unless it falls through) and I don't feel like we should lose this 12-24 month lease because a stupid bank has communication issues and loads of excuses.

I warn you, unless you have a year to spare and maybe more DO NOT BID ON A SHORT SALE! They suck BALLS and you may murder someone in the process.

It's January 1st, I had the most amazing year, we have so many more amazing things to look forward to and I'm wallowing in frustration. Somebody slap me.

All I'm hearing today is how happy people are, maybe a little hungover but happy and thankful. Misery loves company and I'm throwing a pity party. Who wants in? Tell me, WHAT is PISSING you off?! It's okay, vent away, I'm here for you!

Oh, one more thing THIS post just made me laugh, so after joining my piss party, check him out!

7 comments:

Juliana said...

I think this is just the stupidest thing ever that it is taking this long. When I did my short sale...they wanted the house and they moved in like three weeks later or less. I think you should kick the banks ass.

jessalyn said...

yeah- there is nothing short about a short sale- my friend went through the same thing. hope you hear soon!!

i am wearing my bitter hat because all of a sudden everyone and their mom is engaged, and i am not. bastards.

but happy freakin' new year, right? ;)

Babe in Babeland said...

I'm so sorry to hear! I am sure it will all come together soon. 2010 is gonna be THE year...I HOPE!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah, Jesalyn, doesn't it feel good to get that out?!

Jewels: Your place was a short sale as in the house was about to be foreclosed on or was it just a sale that was short? A lot of short sales go on 4-6 months. Unfortunately, we are on the longer end. Boo.

Babe: Go 2010! 2009 was good too but lets vote for an even BETTER year!

SweetPeaSurry said...

Babe! I want in!!! I'm 36 years old, no kids, I'm unencumbered. I went to bed at 9pm on New Year's Eve.

Can you effin believe that, I bet YOU were up later!!!

Now ... enough about ME ... let's talk about YOU! It's your party and you can be pitiful if you WANT TO!!!

See it's frustrations like these, that cause terrorism!!! Maybe the bank ought to think about that little morsel! Right? Amiright? I think I am.

You hang in there sweetie ... things will all work out the way they're supposed to! Oh ... and have something nummy to make you feel bettah.

Blessings!

G. B. Miller said...

Sounds like you should just walk away and find a house without so many strings attached.

Less stress, less aggravation.

Tracie said...

What a PITA. I'm never moving from my hillbilly heaven. I can't handle the stress of selling and buying a home.