Thursday, January 14, 2010

21 Weeks!

It's weird that this thing in me is a girl. I keep calling her a him, then I'm like, "uhhh herrrrrr, I meant HERRRRRRRRR", you know, like a rapper. And while we are totally psyched she is a she, I didn't shop as quickly as people expected. I finally did buy something a few days ago and check it out. It's so frilly, it's actually atrocious. I am sure this outfit will not be cute in any way on any baby but in order to keep my word in buying the frilliest crap I can find, I had to purchase this thing.

Behold the pink attack that will indeed cause other babies to make fun of her. Your welcome daughter. I am currently saving for your therapy bills.


She kicks too. She kicks the CRAP out of me. My stomach shakes and changes shapes, one night I couldn't get comfortable, it felt like she was standing on my spine and when I rolled onto my back, I noticed the right side of my stomach was concave the the left was sticking up much higher and hard, it really looked like she was trying to push her head up out of my skin. It was amazing and weird. I know I already told you guys but when I had the ultrasound and they told me the placenta is in the front blocking movement, I was totally shocked. I have not felt this type of movement with Sawyer (placenta also in front) until I was at least around 30 weeks and it doesn't feel like ANYTHING is blocking this girl's movement, I feel like a piece of tissue paper is between me and the bottom of her foot! This girl is one strong lady and I'm scared what those movements are going to feel like when she weighs more than 11 ounces!

Two days ago, I was telling Geoff that she was kicking the living crap out of me. He said, what a B! (He said the full word but I'll just shorten it.) I laughed and agreed. I now call her my little B.

This week I've noticed I became incredibly tired. About every other day I need a nap. A long nap. Sunday I took a THREE HOUR NAP! Who does that?! This was suppose to end in the fist trimester. Damn B. (Kidding, love you!)

I'm only a little over half way there and feel huge. Feel the constant need to eat and sometimes have to take deep breaths in because I feel like I'm not getting enough oxygen. At 5,200 feet up and acclimated, I'm not worried about my oxygen intake but the later I get into pregnancy and the later we close on this house, the more worried I become. I don't want to move at nine months pregnant and the doctor insisted I have (I think she said) six weeks of taking it super easy; no exercise, lots of rest, tons of water and not lifting anything heavy. The house is 8,000 feet altitude and while I never felt the effect visiting it, who knows what I'll feel with compressed lungs and an ultimate fighter in my uterus. Don't the banks know that my uterus is waiting for a closing date? HAVE THEY NOT DEALT WITH MY UTERUS BEFORE?!

Oh and names! Are you guys crazy?! You are all asking me about names. Let me give you a peek into life right before Sawyer...

Me: What about -this- name?
Geoff: Hate it. What about -this- name?
Me: Hate it. What about -this- name?
Geoff: Hate it. What about -this- name?
Me: Hate it.
(Insert whatever name you feel like in -this-)

Get it? That is how our name conversations went, for NINE months? Do you know how Sawyer got his name? Let me enlighten you. I knew Geoff shot down the name before but thought I would give it another shot. Goeff shockingly didn't shoot it down. We had the name Kyle somewhat set. It was the only name Geoff liked that I didn't hate and Geoff only liked it because the name is in Terminator. TERMINATOR! Are you seeing what I'm up against?

Well, Geoff liked Sawyer because it's in some rock song but thought it was too weird to be a first name. Whatever, we have a first and a middle and we are both somewhat happy. A few days later, we head to a bar with one of his friends and sit on the patio. We told Geoff's friend that we finally have a name, Kyle Sawyer. Geoff's friend liked Sawyer better, I agreed so Geoff stopped some people walking by the bar and decided to ask them. "Sawyer Kyle or Kyle Sawyer? And remember, this is our future son's life!"

Needless to say, strangers walking by the bar decided our sons name and you think we have a girls name yet? I'll leave that responsibility up to the drunks, thank you.

Onto the gut!






Love you guys!!!

16 comments:

Juliana said...

I remember going through boy names with you. What an exciting time and girl names are even more fun-you and Geoff will find the perfect unique name--I just know it. I am SO excited for you and I would watch Swayer any time you need a nappy.

Bobby, Jenny, Bryce and Leah said...

She must be a future cheerleader like her mama! haha she's doing toe touches in your stomach, i bet!

Becky HIll said...

I can't beleive you are still wearing those jeans!! right on.

tera said...

I love your baby belly! It's very cute. :)
My parents went thru a name thing with me, too. Mom wanted to name me Holly and dad said that was wrong for a girl born in July. She wanted Maria, and he said no. Everything she suggested he didn't like and when she would ask him what he wanted he would always say "Jasper Ruben". (Jasper would have rocked!) There are family friends who still call me "Rube!"

Annie said...

you are too cute!!
love that adorable little outfit!! :)

Unknown said...

That is not a gut--that is a cute pooch!

And I looooove the pink.

The Peach Tart said...

Honey your belly looks absolutely beautiful.

MEGandJEFF said...

You look faaaahbulouse, daaahling! Seriously, though, you look great :)

I think the 'pink attack' is cute :)

That is awesome that she is so strong! I'm gonna agree with you on the whole belly changing shape thing..I was in the bath last night & it looked like something was about to erupt out of my belly..freaky!

Good luck w/ the house..this bank really should realize that your uterus is a force to be dealt with! Keep up the deep breaths!

Candice said...

Such a cute little outfit. Little B will look precious in it!

The Skinny Mom said...

Ummm....that belly is like so totally perfect. Are those even maternity jeans????? You look great.

Aurora Sisneros said...

Dude. I like the name Reese for a girl, and I know Simon would love it since he is obsessed with Terminator, too. Don't feel bad. ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone!

Tera, you could of been a Holly? SWEET! Jasper is pretty rockin' too!

Becky- got to say, the jeans ARE getting tight and not because of my stomach getting larger... it's my butt!

Sarah- Not maternity jeans, but they are LOW so they work!

Aurora- Sooo funny you mention Reese. We both like Reese a lot and I thought it was weird that Geoff liked a name I liked. Terminator, I didn't event think Terminator! Too bad there is a Reese already in our playgroup. Sounds dumb not to name our kid a name because of playgroup but we ARE all close, I feel like I would be stealing!

You all are the BEST!

RKBauman said...

All I can say is I'm glad you decided to give Calista the red sweater dress :-) Thank you!

G. B. Miller said...

We actually had our daughter's name picked out the exact time we picked out our son's (this was about 18 years ago).

Don't worry, so long as the relatives don't get involved, you should be fine.

Tracie said...

Oh my! The outfit is too cute! Makes me want a girl. (I'm done. Not happening.) You look great! Skinniest pregnant person I ever saw.

kanishk said...

you and I would watch Swayer any time you need a nappy.

Work from home India