Wednesday, January 27, 2010

23 Weeks!

Yesterday I went to Joanns to grab some fabric (more to come), and Geoff text me asking if I wanted to meet him for lunch. I LOVE meeting my husband for lunch. We live downtown, and he works in the suburbs about 25 minutes away. Before we grabbed a bite to eat, we end up checking out some nice apartments right by his work to see if they would lease month to month.
An hour later, we signed a lease, Geoff was back at work and I was on my way home. Hungry but with a place lined up to live.

Just like that, we have a place to go. This is nice, this should be a bit relieving right? For some reason, setting this in stone cemented the fact that moving was going to be annoying. This whole process is going to suck. We are moving twice, I'm just a few weeks away from the third trimester and now we have an apartment rented on the THIRD floor with no elevator. Extra pounds plus wiggly toddler, plus diaper bags, groceries, all going upstairs OUTSIDE in freezing Colorado weather. THEN I realized that when our lease is up, I'll be 4 weeks away from my due date. FOUR WEEKS! That means I could go into labor anytime really, but hey, lets pair that with another stressful move almost 3 thousand feet higher in altitude. Yeah, it's a party... not. I'm stealing this from someones comment: I was having a sand in the vagina kind of moment.

Geoff took my attitude as being a little nervous. Of course he detected it while they were running background checks on me and wondered if I had anything to hide. Besides that warrant out for my arrest (not joking), I'm clean babah! I guess I was nervous though. We are going from the middle of downtown to the middle of suberbia central and then up to the high country all while in my third trimester and then I had the urge to slap myself. There are people buried under ruble in Haiti in their third trimester. So, I shut up.


Oh, one more complaint, when I got home, the whole right side of my back just hurt. An achy, lifted too much, sat weird, can't even wipe the counter because it hurts too much sort of pain. Strangely, it went away after sitting in the movie theater watching Lovely Bones. I think sitting down, relaxing, without Sawyer for the first time in months did wonders. It's amazing what two hours of non-mom time can do for the good!

But I'm suppose to talk about being pregnant right? I mean, that is the theme of this pregnancy: WHAT, I'm pregnant? Didn't even notice! I don't know if it's because I'm already momming it up to a toddler, if I'm just too busy or if this pregnancy is way too easy. I have no updates. She is strong, she kicks me a lot. She pushes me from my side to my back while sleeping but I already told you that. I feel huge. I'm back to wanting salads and fruit and hope this last longer than a few days. I think my body really needed the roughage.

I started working on the crib bedding I want to sew. It's funny that almost everyone talked about how much of a project this was and I didn't agree. When I was in high school math classes, I would always do the hardest problem first on my homework so the rest seemed easy. I don't think this was the best approach but it made sense in my tiny head. I think I accidentally approached sewing the same way, I have the crib skirt almost done and it took MAYBE two hours. Either, I'm really awesome or this bedding is going to SUCK! I do think that anything compared to that stocking is a freakin' cake walk! Sewing can't bring me down! THEN I thought about one of the girls I met at playgroup the other week. She was told she was having a girl and out popped a boy. What if I do this awesome crib bedding and, surprise, it's a boy? He is going to sleep in the prettiest pink and white bedding, that is what!

Onto the belly:



(Sorry the picture quality and my outfit are so crappy!)


Love you guys to the end of the universe!

13 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

No stretch marks?! Luccccky you!

The Peach Tart said...

You're looking marvelous.

Aurora Sisneros said...

Congrats on the place! Who cares where it is - as long as your family is there, its home, right??

Just pretend you're camping.

In India.

;)

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Great belly pic!!

meredith said...

geeez, you look great!!!

SweetPeaSurry said...

Jeez lady ... that outfit is HIDEOUS! What were you thinking?

Well hell ... there goes my craftily hidden turrets again. Actually ... you look lovely ... no matter what ya wearing ... although I'm still waiting for that artsy nekkie preggers shot ... FOH SHOH!

I'm pleased to hear you won't be roughing it in a cardboard box over the winter in them thar parts! GOOD NEWS!!!

Probably ... the hauling stuff up the steps will make you feel less lumberous ... and more ... SUPER PREGGERS MOMMAH! The 'Secret' my friend is positive thinking. (really I read the book and that's it ... that's the 'secret' ... lame OH!)

blessings dahlink!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bodoba said...

2 hrs from start to finish is an awesome time! I don't even know if I could do it in that time. It takes me 6 hrs just to make one diaper!

Anonymous said...

hahah you are so cute! good luck with the bedding! I can't wait to see how it's all going to turn out! You look awesome though!

laurent said...

I love your blogs and i love you. Miss you terribly and wish we weren't so far away.. I want to come visit soon. Sounds like it will be best after all your moving. Hope it all works out. Let us know if you want to send Sawyer our way for a vacation after the baby is born. XOXOXOX, jackie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Brim over I acquiesce in but I dream the post should acquire more info then it has.