Sunday, February 13, 2011

Master Bedroom Re-Do. I need inspiration!

Shoot me.

I'm about to paint again.

And by "paint", I mean ceilings.

Tell me you have had the honor to paint the ENTIRE ceiling of your house. A 6,000 square foot house because the previous owners thought peach was a good color for ceilings.

I wish I was joking.

Soooo, I'm over staring at peach.

And a bad ceiling fan.

IN THE MASTER ROOM.

Don't shoot me, I have an AMAZING HOUSE but the peach needs to be gone. I'm actually thinking a darker ceiling versus white.

Thoughts???


Image here.

How fun is this ORANGE ceiling???


Image here.

The other thing is we have this really odd corner fireplace. It's off center and just doesn't match. I'm going to take some good pictures for you guys and get your advice.

Because I do everything you guys say.

Seriously.

So can you boss me around already? Tell me what to do in my master room!!!

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Wow, peach ceilings sound very unfortunate.

MOMSICLE VIBE said...

Peach is my top, top, top, TOP least favourite colour. BARF! I am intrigued by a coloured ceiling and have no advice only an order: post lots and lots and lots of pictures!!!

G. B. Miller said...

You do know that last sentence "Tell me what to do in my master bedroom" is so loaded that a small child could pull the trigger. :D

What about something a little more brighter, like an off shade of blue?

stephanie said...

Who decided peach was a good color for anything? blegh. I like the first picture you posted- pretty!

MEGandJEFF said...

If your ceilings are high then I'm all for dark, but if they're your standard height that could close down your room. I've always loved the crown molding look, & plan on doing some in my house..or crown molding WITH a cool colored ceiling...yeah!! That orange is pretty awesome!

Cassandra said...

Ooh that brown was nice! Our bedroom is dark brown and light blue.. If you did something like that it would give some great contrast for the room! And did you ever decide what you were going to put on the sign you were making?!

Jenny said...

When I was 9, I painted my entire room peach (ceiling and all). It went great with my peach ruffled bedspread, valance and accent rugs. Then again, I changed it all by the time I was 11. Peach post-80's doesn't work.

I think those chocolate brown ceilings would look amazing! As long as it goes with your "baby got back" wall sign, any color will work :)

Christine said...

I feel your pain. My entire house has very high vaulted ceilings...the main areas are painted seafoam green, the master was putrid purple and the smaller bedrooms are bright pink and fluorescent orange. NICE.

I've managed to paint half of it all white before we moved in, but now that our crap is in the way it's hard to fit a scaffold that is required to finish the job...

wonderchris said...

Peach ceilings!?! WTH!?!

I love red. Super hard to paint - like don't even attempt without primer. So, perhaps something else. :)

Love the dark ceiling or bright ceiling!! That orange is SUPER!